Thread: Confusion about date

Confusion about date

In the last few days ,i've been getting confused about the date.i had to call someone on their birthday on the 17 , i talked about it in the morning, but later i had a moment where i thought i was supposed to call him yesterday...today i was looking at an app on the phone, it shows the 19, got confused a bit again, i know it' s the 18th today ....panic sets in...i wasn' t stressed at all nor anxious.do you get like that?

Re: Confusion about date

Sounds about normal to me...often happenss to me

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    In the last few days ,i've been getting confused about the date.i had to call someone on their birthday on the 17 , i talked about it in the morning, but later i had a moment where i thought i was supposed to call him yesterday...today i was looking at an app on the phone, it shows the 19, got confused a bit again, i know it' s the 18th today ....panic sets in...i wasn' t stressed at all nor anxious.do you get like that?
    Whenever I forget the date, forget what I'm doing, forget what I was going to say, or whatever to do with memory, I absolutely panic and start to think I am finally just losing my mind... lol... Totally normal. I'm 25 and in perfectly fine health... not mentally... but I think the mental part makes it hard on our memory and our reasoning sometimes!

I've done it loads. Just being mentally exhausted can do it.

It's your reaction and your fear of what it may mean because you are scared of more serious mental illness - that is the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've done it loads. Just being mentally exhausted can do it.

It's your reaction and your fear of what it may mean because you are scared of more serious mental illness - that is the problem here.
    So so true... When I feel weak in the legs I start thinking I'm dying from something or having some kind of medical emergency. When in fact, your body is just exhausted from overworking. Vicious circle!

Thank you all, i guess i needen reassurance that it happens to others and it's anxiety related...terry i value your input very much, you have advised me on other issues, i am scared of that particular thing...i started to meditate as you suggested, but i can't clear my head of guess what ... every out of the ordinary thing is an abys of worry for me...i started to see other people react to their mistakes and getting mad at myself, thinking that i just need to let go and i cant no matter what i do i keep coming back to it...

Meditation takes time to help, it took me months. It can be very helpful so it's worth a try.

Noticing that other people, including those without anxiety, make the same mistakes is a good thing because you can use that as your counter evidence.

Try not to get angry with yourself as best you can, that's a negative reaction that will feed it. Try to accept that you are allowed to make mistakes but also that you are allowed, at this time, to get reactions wrong because the more you reduce the reaction, the more you will see change.

Thread Information