Thread: Very heavy period help

Very heavy period help

I've just been on the phone to 111 as I just soaked a maxi pad (thick pad) and flooded my jeans. This can't be normal to come out all in one go can it?
    The doctor didn't seem at all worried and said to ring my gp in the morning if it continues.. is anyone else heavy and there not be a problem?

Re: Very heavy period help

Hun most women will experience a heavy period at some stage in their lives .
    Some on a regular basis try to stay calm you have spoken to a Dr .
    Try to calm down and follow the Drs advice .

Are you due a period ?
    Are you normally regular ?
    your age can factor hugely ?

It really is very common in fact I am sure like myself other lady's will show support by telling you the same and please remember that whiilst yes you may have lost what you see as a lot of blood in water ( toilet) it will look much more .

I remember once in my late twentys 'cough' 45 now ha ,I came home from work feeling rough and as I got out of my car I sneezed and I flooded and it was very scarey .

I got so worried I my boyfriend at the time put me in the car and to hospital as he drove I had to sit on a black plastic bin liner .
    It happens trust me zx
    Sorry I hope that helps and I am sure others on here will tell you the same .
    Deep breath .

Thank you I will have a read of the thread now.

Super worrier I'm on day2 of my period it was 6 days late last one was 14 days late.
    I'm always heavy on the first 3 days but that was scary it just wouldn't stop coming out and overflowed the pad to my jeans!
    I was so scared.
    I'm only 25.
    What did the doctors say when you went to the hospital?
    I never would have thought a heavy period could happen out of no where!

Thanks for your help x

Been there :( not fun at all. My natural periods were like this before I went on the pill. Doctors weren't worried either and just told me to do the usual - take a bath, pop a painkiller and rest. I didn't find anything to help control the bleeding but pain relief wise, nothing worked better for me than naproxen. That was a good send for period pain and every other pain I can think of.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Mine were quite heavy too. I'm 27. I've been on the pill for 8 years now and my periods are very light now.

Thumbs up Re: Very heavy period help

This has happened to me many times since my periods began and I am now 48! It tends to happen when I first get up in the morning so I always put a towel in the bed.
    I had a blood test this year (at the doctors) and now I am taking iron tablets because I got a bit anaemic. Lots of people are heavy though and not all of them need iron. The tablets soon correct the situation if you do need them though.
    I try and take it easy on the heavy days and don't make too many plans. It usually gets lighter for me after the 3rd day. Be kind to yourself and try and get some early nights!
    I do hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information