Thread: In bed until 6 pm

In bed until 6 pm

Result! Taking some drugs -- I mean medication -- then going to bed again. Some things are priceless. For everything else, there's a credit card which shall remain nameless.

Re: In bed until 6 pm

Encouraged by persons whom shall remain nameless to get up at 'only' 5 pm. I have a scrap to eat then go to bed again. Probably at 8 pm at the latest. Sent my boss an inappropriately familiar email on Monday containing my own attempts at jokes, one criticising the coffee we were served at a meeting the other day. I can't remember what the point of the email was, though, and I daren't look in my sent box to relive the horror of employment/prospects' suicide... He hasn't replied so I'm taking ALL my meds to work tomorrow, money to buy booze (I'm teetotal since October 2014), but you know where I'm going with that, and some other 'useful' things.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

He just replied -- ping! -- while I was typing the previous post and has offered to help by instructing his minions (named) to "look into" my request. I apologised for my over familiarity and poorly judged humour. He even said he "remembered me well", which I'm taking as a compliment. Plan B is on hold now.

Re: In bed until 6 pm

Well, I haven't been fired.

But I haven't been promoted either.

I get lonely at night. (Once mother's been put to bed.) And it's never busy here. It's a little isolated.

I feel like writing another email to my boss. You see I was asleep for a few days when I was supposed to be at work. With my nervous disorders and depression playing up. Well, I lost about two kilos so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining. The fact that I'm moving closer to being underweight and malnourished is probably the universe punishing me for my uselessness.

I can't think about anything inappropriate to say. I might criticise the biscuits this time. They weren't McVitie's standard, certainly. I suspect they were supermarket copies aka own brands. The 'fondant' in the middle of the Bourbons wasn't that chocolatey and the word Bourbon was rough, not crisply impressed. They used an inferior press or the wrong temperature. You need to wait for the biscuit to be at 37-39 C when the name is stamped onto it. But time is money.

I'll explain all this in my email. I need time to think.

Thread Information