Thread: Making good progress?

Making good progress?

Second day of work:
    An update - Second day at work was far more difficult that the first, I found myself, on many occasions, again feeling like I was going to pass out but the feeling was much more stronger, it was very hard to get words out, my face felt clammy around the eyes and cheeks, breathing correctly become harder and it overall took me much longer to find solutions to the work I was doing. It honestly felt like the worst experience with anxiety so far, however the job it'self would seem like something I would very much enjoy, but i spend the entire time wanting to go home, hoping i don't pass out, freak out or worse (die) in front of my co-workers. I came home absolutely exhausted, still feeling very anxious now in-fact, just woke up from a 2 hour sleep which i desperately felt like i needed. I managed to get through another day, I'm not feeling as proud as i did yesterday though, i also just found out a friend of mine who's also been suffering anxiety issues and hasn't been able to attend work, just got fired. My hope is for a better future is starting to look a little dull, I won't let this stop me though!

First day of work:
    Despite how crappy I've been feeling lately, with anxiety sky rocketing and landing somewhere on Earth 2.0. I managed to secure a job and turn up for it today even though my anxiety was playing ticks on me, telling that if I went I would surly die, BUT I WENT! Since the 1st of January my anxiety has been absolutely mental, with dizziness, headaches, GETTING THE FLU, yesterday I couldn't even step out the front door without having an anxiety attack. But today, I got up at 7:40am (which NEVER happens), got ready and forced myself out the door to the first day on the job. I may have had a rough day, almost having a freak out on 4 separate occasions, being so tired and dizzy I wanted to swipe my desk clean and nap on it, drinking excessive amounts of water and going to pee every hour, but I managed to power through until 5pm. Got home, kicked off the shoes, plastered the blisters and felt proud of myself, as soon as i got in i felt so much better! My home is the safe zone.

I'm maybe starting to see that the only control you have over anxiety is sheer will power and living everyday life outside your comfort-zone, for it to gradually turn comfortable. That being said this was a very though experience to go through, I'm almost not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, since none of my co-workers have any idea I suffer health anxiety, this was just one victory, I'm hoping it lasts, I'm still going to pitch my case to my doctor on Thursday and maybe start taking medication... When anxiety gets so bad you can't step outside, it's a major issue for me personally
    Last edited by sl1nky; 20-01-16 at 20:55.

Re: Making good progress?

Wow, what an achievement! I'd say be proud of yourself for doing all that. It will surely get easier as you keep going? I've been off work nearly 3 months now and have to meet with bosses tomorrow to discuss my options. Been feeling very apprehensive about it but this post gives me hope I can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazamataz View Post
    Wow, what an achievement! I'd say be proud of yourself for doing all that. It will surely get easier as you keep going? I've been off work nearly 3 months now and have to meet with bosses tomorrow to discuss my options. Been feeling very apprehensive about it but this post gives me hope I can do it!
    I really hope so! I'm still very anxious about going into work tomorrow just because today felt difficult but at the same time I feel I know I can pull it off. However this single victory hasn't suppressed the anxiety symptoms of DOOM, plus this is my first ever real Job, probably why I've been feeling so anxious about it. However the people I work with seem really nice and laid back, my best hope is to dive into the work and try not to focus too much on loosing my cool.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your Thread

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums. Congratulations on your success today and fingers crossed for tomorrow

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Well done !

Quote Originally Posted by sl1nky View Post
    I really hope so! I'm still very anxious about going into work tomorrow just because today felt difficult but at the same time I feel I know I can pull it off. However this single victory hasn't suppressed the anxiety symptoms of DOOM, plus this is my first ever real Job, probably why I've been feeling so anxious about it. However the people I work with seem really nice and laid back, my best hope is to dive into the work and try not to focus too much on loosing my cool.
    Awesome job, man! Just keep at it. You'll probably feel even greater once you get that first check!

Thanks everyone for showing support, I updated the thread post with information regarding my 2nd day at work. I found it far more challenging than the previous, i won't let that stop me from going, i don't want anxiety to hinder my life any longer.
    ★ "Stare at the star, see if you can stop yourself from thinking for 60 seconds. Prevent any thoughts whatsoever from coming into your mind—especially any thoughts about the star!" You'll learn how impossible it is to control your thoughts and feelings, so learn to accept them.

Keep it up! The only way towards your full recovery is to face your fears! But remember, there isn't a magic pill. It takes time to recover, and some days will be bad. Soon there will more good days than bad days and you're on your way to be happy again!
    good luck!!

Thread Information