Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lymph node folks! Lymph nodes and posture

Lymph node folks! Lymph nodes and posture

Sorry for starting another thread about lymph nodes but this subjects is a bit different to the one I was talking about earlier so I felt should start another thread about it.

But basically my groin lymph nodes are always the same size, or they never get larger than they are now. However the lymph nodes in my armpits sometime feel different from day to day, or from noon to evening. Sometimes I wonder if it could be cause of different position I am in when feeling them. Or if a muscle might be in a different shape than before and that alters how they feel. They've been like this since 2007, groin nodes always the same size (one has shrunk) and the nodes in my armpits seem to be change size or at least feel like they change size.
    Anyone familiar with this?

Doctors always say they're small and harmless but they feel large to me.

Re: Lymph node folks! Lymph nodes and posture

Mine do that there is no pattern or rythm to it. Sometimes they feel all fat and juicy other times they feel small and drained. I think it is just them doing their job and transporting lymph through my body. Dude trust your doctors stop stressing on this. You are not annoying at all you just sound like me last year. I let it consume me. To the point where I felt as if I had to be feeling anxious to feel normal. I think you said something about a therapist in one of your other posts? If so that's a great start. 8 years dude you are ok leave your nodes alone and stop poking them.

I agree with Nivekc251 if your doctors say they are fine then they are fine. Doctors are trained to know what normal lymphs are suppose to feel like. Trust them & If this has been going on 8 years then I'm sure if something was wrong with you by now you would know it. That's a long time! I'm pretty thin and I've recently discovered I can feel mine under my skin like little bumps or whatever and I felt my boyfriends and his feel like mine and he is also thin.. Guess you can feel them easier if you don't have a lot of fat. I try not worry about it. Lately I've been feeling them more but Ivw been so anxious so I notice things more easily. Try to trust your doc though scared88.

Quote Originally Posted by nivekc251 View Post
    Mine do that there is no pattern or rythm to it. Sometimes they feel all fat and juicy other times they feel small and drained. I think it is just them doing their job and transporting lymph through my body. Dude trust your doctors stop stressing on this. You are not annoying at all you just sound like me last year. I let it consume me. To the point where I felt as if I had to be feeling anxious to feel normal. I think you said something about a therapist in one of your other posts? If so that's a great start. 8 years dude you are ok leave your nodes alone and stop poking them.
    Yeah I think mine get fat too, not the ones in the groin though they're always the same. I hope it's just cause the fluid is flowing through. Maybe they feel larger in the mornings cause I've not been moving and it hasn't been able to flow out of the node yet.

So you called the therapist office and they said you're on a waiting list? Did they tell you why they didn't inform you of that status? Any indication of when you would get in?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Darling View Post
    I agree with Nivekc251 if your doctors say they are fine then they are fine. Doctors are trained to know what normal lymphs are suppose to feel like. Trust them & If this has been going on 8 years then I'm sure if something was wrong with you by now you would know it. That's a long time! I'm pretty thin and I've recently discovered I can feel mine under my skin like little bumps or whatever and I felt my boyfriends and his feel like mine and he is also thin.. Guess you can feel them easier if you don't have a lot of fat. I try not worry about it. Lately I've been feeling them more but Ivw been so anxious so I notice things more easily. Try to trust your doc though scared88.
    Guess I'm just worried about being that one they were wrong about. Yeah it's been going on for over 8 years, soon to be 9 and most people with the cancer I worry about need treatment after 3 years.

I'm not fat but not thin either, have a bit of a belly. There isn't much fat in my groin or armpits though but there is enough of it over the nodes that they feel larger than they are.

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So you called the therapist office and they said you're on a waiting list? Did they tell you why they didn't inform you of that status? Any indication of when you would get in?

Positive thoughts
    Actually my mother saw our GP today and he's in the same office as my therapist and she told me tonight that he saw I was on her waiting list.
    I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask what's going on.

Okie Dokie then....

Best wishes and as always

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The nodes feel smaller today and not as fat as they were yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask what's going on.
    What did the therapist's office say?

Positive thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What did the therapist's office say?

Positive thoughts
    I didn't get through :/ Will have to try again tomorrow.
    I don't know whats going on cause the last time I made an appointment I got a call back just few days later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information