Thread: I can never win..Can anyone help? 😞

Unhappy I can never win..Can anyone help? 😞

*sorry for the length but please read*
    So in another thread I posted about my concerns with what I think is either muscular or bone pain. Chest pains. And then rib pains.. Like the area under the breasts not literally under them but the under boob area. Sometimes in the back again not sure if it's rib or muscular. Oh and shoulder pains and sometimes collar bone pain if my shoulder is scrunched enough.Pain comes and goes and is mild but bothers me. Shoulders are more sore in general. They mostly come from the sternum like that bone in the middle on either side. Which like I said at the end of the sternum under the breasts. Someone had said something about looking into costochondritis with my doc. I decided to look it up and see if my symptoms match up.... Well on Mayo clinic it went into causes and I am now totally freaked about the fact that a cause is it can me. Tumor that might have spread from another area like thyroid, breast of lung. Omg I'm totally upset again and last night I couldn't sleep because I was up half the night feeling lymph nodes. I feel like I can feel them too like little bumps under the skin. And I'm not sure if that's even normal and so then I was worried they were swollen. But I calmed after looking up how some people can feel them and they're usually normally the size of a pea or smaller. I also had my boyfriend let me feel around for his lymph nodes around his armpits/pec area and I can feel lil bumps like mine. We are both thin and especially for my I have a rather boney upper body like my chest and ribs it's not hard to feel bone. So maybe when your thin they're easier to feel? They feel the same on both armpits and groin so unless all my lymphs are enlarged? I don't know but I feel better knowing my boyfriends are easy to feel when you feel around. But now I can't help but keep touching them on either side. Like I'm so anxious now. I was happy to find a cause that was muscular / bone with that costo but now I'm scared of spreading tumors now. So I'm a wreck. The only time I find relief is in a hot bath. All my worries and pain go away and I feel great. I pray this is just tension and stress. What do you guys think? I could sure use some reassurance.. Which I know isn't good but I just need at least some help or advice. please.

Re: I can never win..Can anyone help? 😞

Sometimes I wish I could switch places with an anxiety sufferer when they say they're in pain. And visa versa, I wish I could switch places to understand the panic you feel with the aches and pains you experience.

I can only imagine the posts that would come from someone in my body for 24 hours and likewise, if I was able to maintain my thoughts while experiencing the panic, I would be able to experience the irrationality without spiraling and also be able to apply the techniques I've learned in therapy to quell those thoughts yet gain a better understanding of what's taking place in your mind. While I've had my share of "scanxiety" and depression, I truly can't imagine what many of you experience.

I don't doubt for a minute that most that talk about pain isn't feeling it. It's the irrational spiral the takes over and causes one to think the most deadly scenario. A cough from a cold isn't lung cancer. A stabby pain in the ribs isn't a heart attack. Back pain isn't pancreatic cancer etc. The list goes on and on.

It's not the physical symptoms that are at fault here. It's the mind that takes those physical symptoms and turns them into a sinister life threatening illness.

Advice?... Most if not all the fears that come up are ruled clear by medical professionals and scientific medical testing. It's the thought process that is skewed and it makes sense to treat that. Therapy and/or meds which are the traditional methods of treating mental illness are still the most productive and successful ways of treatment.

Is this reassurance? More fact actually. It's my hope you find more ways than a hot bath to find relief.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The way to overcome Anxiety/ Panic Attacks:

1. Accept the Fear

2. Face the Fear

3. Get Comfortable being Uncomfortable

4. Prove to yourself that the Fear is Harmless

I first noticed my lymph nodes when I was 14 and worried endlessly till I was 21 years old. I'm now 24 and fit as a fiddle. They're still palpable nodes and I don't worry one bit any more.

Unless you're losing weight severely, feeling constantly tired and needing to sleep endlessly, have no appetite and the nods start to significantly grow theirs nothing to worry about

Oh man John that kinda freaks me out. I mean I still have my appetite & I don't think I'm loosing weight (I've been trying to excersise everyday though) so who knows. But I like to sleep. And when I'm really anxious and get myself all scared and sad I'll sleep more. I don't have much to do during the day so that's why I like to sleep more but now I'm scared about what you said! I recently had a blood test last month which came out fine.. Would that be able to tell if I was fighting anything internally. I'm always so scared about any cancer. Ugh I'm scared to go to the docs now.

I had blood tests to define mine as I had lost loads of weight ( 3stone in 2 months, but I was over weight and eating very little as I was doing a very dangerous diet and excercise programme). My blood tests were fine and it was dismissed. I too slept a lot but I mean like 15 hours a day not like 10-12 haha, I still do that now, and I work/ have uni.

Don't worry honestly, I'm talking drastic changes in your body, not a continuous behaviour, that's just who you are, not an illness

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

I mean 15 hours is a problem, I by no means sleep that much daily. 10 hours is quite the norm for me.

Just know your body and if you notice drastic changes to behaviours then go and have it checks for peace if mind. I know facing the doctor can be quite a daunting task but it's worth it if it means putting your mind at rest.

Thread Information