Thread: I'm scared of my own body.

I'm scared of my own body.

I havnt posted in here for a very long time but I just need somewhere to write how I feel. I'm scared of my own body scared of the endless things that can go wrong I've had my fair share of fixations cancer is my biggy petrifies me infact. 2 days ago I was looking in fb and since my anxiety started 5 years ago I have to no the ins and outs of a story and I will search till I find it someone I know tagged a woman I clicked on the tag to find it was someone I once worked with haven't spoken to her in getting on for 9 years anyway she had a brain aneurysm and died today at 5.30 I feel really shocked by it she was only 41 😔 Left children behind the usual things so it's all I've thought about I can just be sitting there and that could be it just like that it's really bothering me and no I can't doing nothing about it. But that won't stop me thinking it either 😢 I hate all this it just never leaves me alone really don't x

Re: I'm scared of my own body.

Quote Originally Posted by illgetthere View Post
    I havnt posted in here for a very long time but I just need somewhere to write how I feel. I'm scared of my own body scared of the endless things that can go wrong I've had my fair share of fixations cancer is my biggy petrifies me infact. 2 days ago I was looking in fb and since my anxiety started 5 years ago I have to no the ins and outs of a story and I will search till I find it someone I know tagged a woman I clicked on the tag to find it was someone I once worked with haven't spoken to her in getting on for 9 years anyway she had a brain aneurysm and died today at 5.30 I feel really shocked by it she was only 41 😔 Left children behind the usual things so it's all I've thought about I can just be sitting there and that could be it just like that it's really bothering me and no I can't doing nothing about it. But that won't stop me thinking it either 😢 I hate all this it just never leaves me alone really don't x
    Sorry to hear that!

A big part of overcoming anxiety is acceptance. It's so hard for people like us with HA to accept the symptoms as they are but they are just the discomforts of anxiety.

I hope and pray that you can overcome this fear.
    “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Count your blessings!

Re: I'm scared of my own body.

Ugh that is extremely sad. Things happen though. My dad died of a sudden heart attack at 45. I was only 15 at the time and I remember I couldn't believe it. I never would thought that would happen. His heart attack was probably brought on by cocaine abuse. Which of course I never knew about back then but at 21 I know a lot of things now. But anyways, I feel for you because my body totally freaks me out sometimes too.. Like I don't know what's going on in there and that scares me but you really shouldn't think about things like that. People without anxiety probably don't think about how scary the human body can be. But who knows what can happen. All you can do is enjoy every minute of life that your living ya know. Stay strong and try not to let that anxiety get the best of you. (I know it's hard).

Thread Information