Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
I think starting on 10mg is a good strategy as the 20mg can be harsh and some GP's do this half dose start with various meds so I guess they are catching up with how some of suffer going on them.

But having said that Mark has shown how it's not always the case that you struggle like I did. So, if you try 20mg and it gets too much, maybe dropping down might make it easier to then work back up again? The drawback to starting at 10mg is that whilst the side effects should be less, you will still experience some side effects going to 20mg and some still find it hard. And it does mean extending the side effect window because each dosage increase brings a new window with it.

But seriously, avoid the leaflet. Everyone says this when they read those things, I was the same too. If you have HA issues or medicine phobias, those leaflets are even more scary. Please try to remember that it's a full list, you may only get a few side effects and they will most likely be from the "1 in 10" common section and often things like nausea, sweating, insomnia, mood change, increased anxiety, etc. All the really scary stuff on this life, which I won't go into, are the rarer ones and please don't let the HA mind zoom in on the rare because you are far less likely to ever experience them.
Thank you this is helpful, although i haven't taken them yet, i plan to today or either Monday.