Thread: Real symptom causing severe panic **Detailed Picture Warning**

Unhappy Real symptom causing severe panic **Detailed Picture Warning**

Hi,

Literally shaking in panic at the moment, can't calm down. Usually I'm an expert at stopping a panic attack in its tracks but I've never gas a symptom like this before...

For the past 2 weeks I've felt a lump on the roof of my mouth. But it turns out of was actually on my tongue.

I managed to take a picture of it today and now I'm a nervous wreck. I'm dizzy, feeling sick, shaking, heart going 1000 miles an hour.

Here's the picture.

The large white / yellow lump at the back. I'm almost in tears here. Not a nice sight in a 27 year old man...

Edit: Here's another picture with a different camera

Re: Real symptom causing severe panic

Hello chick, 26 year old twin by the sounds of it replying.

The lump on your tongue how long has it been there and when did you last look in your mouth?

Relax tense every muscle in your body as hard as you can and deeply inhale, relax your muscles and your breath this will calm you for now.

Im here to chat with you if your still online x

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Also whilst we are on go salt water your mouth really swill it around, I get these problems a lot and it massively helps no matter what it is. x

Best to have it looked at by a doctor as no one can even remotely guess from a photo on an anxiety website.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you both.

I first noticed it last Wednesday, do just a little long than a week.

I'll give the salt water thing a try thank you. The NHS website says to see a doctor after 3 weeks, I'll never be able to last for that long ��

My advice is get booked in at the GP tomorrow if your lifestyle allows it and perhaps stretch the truth on how long you have had it if needs be.
    The salt water will help clean it no matter what it is and its big enough for a Doctor to clearly see what it is.
    Just remember anything that comes on that quickly is never anything sinister usually. Get booked up tomorrow buddy! x

Quote Originally Posted by SarahCap View Post
    My advice is get booked in at the GP tomorrow if your lifestyle allows it and perhaps stretch the truth on how long you have had it if needs be.
    Why would he stretch the truth?

I would get the GP to have a look as others have suggested. I have never been able to leave a symptom for the recommended three weeks neither. Let us know how you go on.

Stretch the truth- reviewing my comment was the wrong thing to write.
    Its not required, What I mean is be clear and consistant if you go to the doctor with what is going on in your mouth. Also how it makes you feel.

For example- Sometimes I get as worked up as Jim if not more so! I stroll into the doctors feel embarressed and totally play it cool and leave feeling I havent really helped myself there I need to be honest and detailed in how I am feeling to ensure it isnt brushed under the rug.

Definitely best thing to go to the doctors.
    It can be something simple like an inflamed papillae which can be quite painful but will go away after about 2 weeks.

Re: Real symptom causing severe panic **Detailed Picture Warning**

No need to wait 3 weeks just because a site says so, if you're worried it's best to go get it checked asap. No clue what that could be but I'm sure there are a million benign possibilities. Good luck.

Thread Information