Thread: worried about throat cancer!.

worried about throat cancer!.

hey so let me start by saying i'm so sorry i haven't been on much these past two weeks, been really busy and overall been doing really well but for no reason after seeing it on the tv i'm now afraid i have throat cancer,
    i saw the doctor about my food coming up along with acid reflux and he gave me another months worth of omeprazole and i'll go back on the 9th of next month where i'll possibly get tests but i'm currently freaking out like a maniac because i'm thinking, what if its throat cancer!? am i gonna die?
    on top of that i have these pains in my left breast back and arm for about three days now so i'm convinced thats my heart too xx

Re: worried about throat cancer!.

I recommend writing a list of your symtoms and what you are concerned they could be. Then book a doctors appointment and take a friend who understands with you.
    Explain to the doctor you have health anxiety and these listen symtoms are worrying you and why.
    When you take someone else in with you I find you get clearer educated answers everyone makes a bigger effort with an audience.
    Plus they will go through your symtoms and iradicate the scary feelings you have. Then it might be best lastly to tackle the real illness thats destroying your life, Health anxiety.
    The doctor should have lots of different options for you to talk through.
    good luck x

Hi

Whilst you are dealing with your health anxiety you need to be careful with taking Omeprazole long term.

There is a condition called "Omeprazole rebound" where your stomach adjusts to the change in acid levels and your symptoms can get worse. You then have to increase your dosage of Omeprazole. If you stop taking the medication your symptoms get worse until your stomach readjusts to its normal acid levels.

I am not medically trained and so this is not medical advice but have had personal experience of this due to my own anxiety issues and it is also well documented.

You will need to get proper medical advice but remember that health anxiety causes many stomach issues.

throat cancer is a rare cancer.

Throat cancer is almost non-existent in someone your age.

thanks for all the info! xx i'll talk to the doctor about my symptoms and stuff when i go for my next appointment

Thread Information