Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Citalopram 20mg

Re: First Citalopram 20mg

Citalopram is well known for causing insomnia, as are other SSRI's. I was having insomnia by about day 2 but with you not taken continued doses and the days elapsing I would think it would be very unlikely and more about the panic side.

Shock can have their effects for days on people like us when we are really struggling. I remember big like that myself.

I would suggest you ask about tapering up to reduce any impacts of meds you go on and because you are less likely to actually feel anything, your confidence will grow ready for the therapeutic dosages where side effects are more likely to feel tougher.

Re: First Citalopram 20mg

Aw you poor thing, I was the same on Citalopram. I think I got every side effect on the leaflet but once it worked it was a miracle drug, no more panic and I was just normal until my doctor took me off it. Now here I having another melt down and I am too scared to go back on it as I know how weird the start up can be.
    My old doctor actually gave me some Lorazepam which helped calm me down until I had settled on the Cit. sadly all SSRI's make me feel worse before better but apart from the benzo's nothing else works, been on Mirtazapine and all sorts trying to avoid this drug but I am gonna go back on it and persevere as it really did get me 100% well. I feel for you, this illness is a curse. xxx

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Terry I was put on Lexapro this time around but went up very slowly and it wasn't so bad at all, it just never worked and my doctor kept on prescribing it and Lorazepam which he then pulled me off suddenly after three years. I was thinking of slowly going back on Citalopram hoping that will be easier rather than taking 10mg for a week then going up to 20mg as I know I will get the panic.
    how are today honey? They're a bit of a shock these Happy pills hey! You can't believe a tiny pill can effect our bodies so bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information