Thread: need some answers ?

need some answers ?

hi. i havent been on for a long time, i seemed to have got better for a while there. i suffer from pa, ha, anxiety and ocd. i have for a very long time now but never took any medication for it, that was until about 6 weeks ago when i nearly had a complete breakdown. i was so low that i couldnt get out of bed or do anything and all i was going to do was run away from everything including my kids. so it was a trip to the doc for me and since then i have been on lexapro, that is for depression but my thoughts and all the anxiety have gotten alot worse i will sit there nearly all day just thinking about everything, ppl dyin, getting hurt, just heaps of stuff and i feel a bit better on the depression side but i feel as though i am going absolutly crazy with this ocd ??? does anyone know much about this medication i am on or had similar experiance ???
    thanks

sorry so long

Re: need some answers ?

sorry I dont know anything about this med. But i was first put on Prozac which made my anxiety, panic attacks worse even after 6 weeks so I am now on Sertraline. they do say with Ad's that you can feel worse before you feel better. I did but now after being on them for about 7 weeks for ocd, anxiety, depression and PA,s my depression has certainly got better and the anxiety and PA,s. But my OCD it has helped but I have still got it. I would give the meds a chance to work and a chance for you to get over the side effects but if you really feel that bad go back and see your GP and they will probably suggest you swap meds.

Thread Information