Thread: Citalopram – 4-5 weeks in – not bad!

Citalopram – 4-5 weeks in – not bad!

Ok, so normally we all post when we aren’t feeling great.

I am now 4-5 weeks in to a 10mg dose of Citalopram to calm my anxiety and to help with my low moods.

The moods have changed dramatically, and I do mean from a very low period of a month (not the worst I’ve felt in life but not far off) to a change within 4-5 days of 10mg! 4-5 weeks in and I feel much better.

The only downside is some odd side effects, which I prepared myself for. These were worse at the beginning but they are settling.

Whilst I still get twinges of physical anxiety, they aren’t as bad or as often. Today, I woke with no issues at all.

I am also fighting it with NHS provided CBT, aimed specifically at health anxiety (very interesting when you read about it when you aren’t deep into suffering from it) and I am paying privately for hypnotherapy but at a reduced rate.

All of this together is basically me putting up a fight against anxiety/health anxiety and the possibly depression I was sinking into. I have worked full time through virtually all of this, apart from a gap I took when I left a job to start a new one. My advice is, don’t give up work. Getting there in the AM is hard but when you settle in, say 10-11am, you start to think about normal things.

I am by no means through this. I still have a fight on my hands, but here I am, surviving and actually feeling about 7/10 like the normal me. I’m eating normally and wanting to pick up the guitar more.

Positive thoughts to all.

Re: Citalopram – 4-5 weeks in – not bad!

Your post has just arrived at the perfect time for me, thank you so much! I am 3 weeks into a second use of cit 10mg and struggling. The first time I used this was 2 years ago and by 3 weeks I was starting to improve. This time I'm still in the grip of the side effects. Insomnia and no appetite and nausea are compounding my low mood and anxiety. My Dr only suggestion was to increase my dose but as 10mg worked last time I really don't want to increase and increase the side effects. To read your positive story has made my day. I hope you continue on your upward journey,
    Thank you, Jen

Great post Movielife, you can do it, keep pushing on and you'll succeed

I'm 3.5 weeks into citalopram. First week 10mg then up to 20mg...
    Having a pretty hard time, no motivation, unable to get up and out of bed without a struggle, Increased anxiety.
    I have just switched to taking it at night as after an hour of taking it in the morning I was so tired and low it has been really affecting my work.
    I'm hoping now coming in to the 4th week that I see some improvement. I'm not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel yet!

Thread Information