Thread: Someone talk some sense into me

Someone talk some sense into me

sorry if the title is insensitive I just feel like I need someone to tell me to think clearly

I have a post a bit further down about rib pain. After 2 Drs and 2 nurses telling me it's a pulled muscle and anxiety I should be ok with this but I've just been out food shopping and my side really ached not in one particular spot the ache moved all over my right side ribs front and back. I'm home again now and other than a bit tender it feels fine. 2 weeks ago I was working full time going out and enjoying myself today all I wanted to do was curl up and cry. What if this pain doesn't go away? What if they've missed something maybe I've not explained it to them properly? I can't go back to the Drs again I've been 3 times in 11 days.

Up until yesterday I thought the pain was to do with my liver but my doctor assured me yesterday it wasn't and I'm going for a blood test in 2 weeks for peace of mind. I did feel a little tense out there seemed to be people everywhere taking forever to do their shopping and I just wanted to get on and back home.

After feeling really positive I'm now feeling down again

Re: Someone talk some sense into me

You have a bad case of the what if's after you have come home because the pain has not gone and your doing the " what if it never goes/what if its sign of something nasty etc etc ".

The liver function blood test will be very reassuring when it comes back normal. I have awful back problems and at moment am suffering from alot of pain around my left rib, so far I have diagnosed myself with pancreatic and bowel cancer

A pulled muscle or pain from spine problems will take weeks to get better. If you developed additional symptoms like being sick or sudden severe weight loss or turning yellow then yes that would need a return trip to Dr but otherwise its okay to wait and see and try not to overdo it physically as well.x

Thank you for your reply I just don't understand why the pain keeps moving and coming and going, I can't make it hurt bending or stretching it just starts to hurt and I'm sure when it does hurt it hurts more than it did when it started 4 weeks ago. My gallbladder pain was blamed on anxiety for 9 months I'm worried this may happen again yet as I've said I have spoken to different Drs they can't all be wrong.

I hope your side gets better soon

I've had very similar pain and it went away

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley123 View Post
    I've had very similar pain and it went away
    I'm glad it went away for you. How long did it last?

It lasted about 2 weeks I've had it before on and off

I started with the same pain the other night - just came on after my 'light' tea as I'm taking new ADs and am nauseous. It started under and inside left rib and right down my left side of back and worse when I tried to lay down. Of course, it's pancreatic cancer because I 'Googled' so now in a panic....feels muscular round the back but not in the rib....can't rationalise that it can be anything else but something awful....

I did have a small bowel MRI this time last year so I am hoping that was sufficient and also recent bloods are okay....but worrying.

I've had mine about 4 weeks now but if I'm honest I've been thinking about it more the last 2 weeks which I think has made it worse.

Hi justanutter hope you get better soon I've learnt googling only makes things worse

Yesterday I ate some delicious mexican tacos with a very spicy sauce and today I have your same pain, it is what it is, sometimes random pains happen for reasons.

Don't make it worse with anxiety, they don't have any importance.

Thread Information