Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: judgmental people

Re: judgmental people

which god are we talking about there are so many of them

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1518011]Issues like work have been a problem for me as well. I just tell people I'm self employed though. The career I have lost allowed for self employment so I can easily blag about that.

It just avoids the uncomfortable conversation with someone you probably won't meet again anyway. It just felt the easiest way when someone asks what you are up to. Besides, it's not like they are truly asking about your wellbeing, it's just something you say when you run into someone.

It's a depressing thing though. My generation was certainly brought to believe in always being in either education or work unless you had a child to look after. Outside of that being unemployed had a stigma to it. It seems less so now as many people seem to think it's a good thing to be unemployed! But that doesn't change my mind-set as I was brought up another way, which I'm guessing isn't how they were brought up to have those views.

Carey, no one should say things like this to you. I had hoped it could be resolved but you know what you need and what you don't in your life. You are not useless, lazy or pointless because you have a mental health condition. That's just stigma. Look how people used to say this to people with CFS/ME but hopefully now things have changed for them.

I have asthma, had it since childhood. Back when I was 10 the attitude to asthma was very poor. It has completely changed now. So, I hope mental health goes the same way but it's going to be a longer journey.[/QUOTE?

I'm from a generation of the same views of being in work or education. . I still think there's an enormous stigma, but it obviously only affects those who care what other people think about them.. so many don't care at all .. I sometimes wish I didn't care. . it's such a good idea to say you're self employed. . I could never get away with that, but I rarely ever leave the house so I don't see many people now. ..
    Thank you so much for all you said ...

I'd really love for agoraphobia to be understood more. .I think you're so right about there being a long journey before anything progresses in mental health though.. small steps I guess. .

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Thank you Terry. . I'm from the same sort of generation where you were expected to either be in work or education. . I really think there's still the stigma about not working, but the trouble is most people don't care about what people think of them. . Sometimes I wish I didn't care either, it would be so much easier :/
    I really hope that one day there will be much more understanding about mental health issues and agoraphobia. .. I think you're right about it being a long journey ahead though, before that ever happens ...

Hello Everyone, I am new to this "thread"/website. and this is my first time joining well...pretty much anything (lol). This is also my first post. I have been reading a little bit of what people are posting and it is so very interesting to me. I have suffered with severe Agoraphobia for as long as I can remember. I also have many other issues (c.o.p.d. - emphasemia <spell check a.d.h.d. - panic attacks - and many health problems, both physically and mentally). I must say it is really nice to read about Others with the same troubles, problems and conditions. Though it is not a good thing, it is so nice to know I am truly NOT ALONE!!!! Trying to stay on topic (which is almost always impossible for me hence a.d.h.d) I, personally can honestly say I have NEVER in my entire life judged another person. I have always BELIEVED that nobody knows what is going on in that "persons" life. They could have just lost their dog, cat ect. or worse a family member. They could be driving slow, because they have their newborn baby in the backseat, coming home from the hospital. I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. I just have ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS treated anyone and everyone, with the most utmost RESPECT and KINDNESS. And if they were to not treat me well, then so be it. I don't get anger or upset with anyone. I just walk away. Life to me is too "Precious" to be angry, to argue, to be so to say...in a bad mood. Don't get me wrong I'm not always "Happy". But I have and will always Look at the bright side of anybody or any situation. We all have our own "Troubles, sadness, disappointments, weaknesses and woes. But to me, judging someone or anything really, is just going to take a "toll" on that person's own well being. I don't believe we have the "Power to Judge Others" Only God can do That. I will say I'm sorry, for being all over the place so to speak, as far as my words (part of my a.d.h.d and nervousness).
    I guess what I am trying to get across is, Life is so Short and So Beautiful (in my eyes). That I Pray and Wish for Us all to be non-judgemental <grrrr can't find spell check lol). Also for Us to TRULY Treat Others the way we wish to be Treated. And though yes, I have been hurt both physically and mentally (most being my husband of 25+ yrs. whom I am now separated from) BUT I go on, and my goodness, and warm heart and soul will never change, no matter what. To be kind, positive, loved and loving is what LIFE to me IS. It was instilled in me from birth. I am the youngest of 10. I grew up very poor, (in Boston, Massachusetts) With a Mom and Dad that Loved us All, unconditionally and without End. As it should be (God Rest their Beautiful Souls) And 5 Awesome brothers, and 4 Awesome sisters!! I'm 47 (act like a teenager for the most part lol). And just never really take things seriously. I can joke about "Anything". It is how I live, and how I actually go through Life. I could go on and on, but I won't for now lol. Thank you so much for actually taking the time to read this. My Mottos are the following: "Dance like no one is Watching" and Live Today, because our Tomorrows are Never Promised.
    Peace, Love and as Always, Smiles -Amy Jeanne D.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will drive me to despair, to withdraw from the world and to hate myself, hurt myself and ultimately stop the world from intruding onto my consciousness. I didn't ask it to be out there and I don't want it out there. Good luck, anyway. You sound saner than me.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

I'm taking a drug cocktail to help me to sleep now and I'm not eating, washing, speaking to anyone, seeing anyone, answering my phone/door, allowing any light to enter my sleeping room. I'm only going to drink enough water to take my medications. EVERYTHING ended today and I can't do anything else than pretend that it didn't end. I'll keep pretending because believing I've reached my lonely, worthless destination isn't an option on the table. I don't even have a table. That was just some kind of commonly use idiom or phrase. I don't even care what it is.

Good night. I hope you all have a better week than I'll have.

When people have physical injuries, you can typically notice them. A cast, a limp, etc. But when people have psychological disorders, you can't tell from simply looking at them; they look normal. That's one reason people don't understand. We look completely normal, but no one knows what is going on on the inside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information