Thread: Severe unrelenting depression

Severe unrelenting depression

Hi guys,

I'm struggling big time at the moment with this alongside extreme fatigue. I feel so severe and i don't know what to do. Been to the GP numerous times who is telling me to stick on Pregabalin for my anxiety but won't put me on anything for the depression to see if the pregabalin helps. I'm on a 5 month waiting list for IAPT and i just don't know what to do. I've even thought of going to a&e as i know they have consultant psychiatrists there, just to get some help. I honestly don't know what to do and if I'll ever get better. To make matters worse, i can't relax because of anxiety and a bit of restless legs syndrome :s has anyone got any advice?

Re: Severe unrelenting depression

I don't know what things are like in your area but when I was in a really bad way just before Christmas I saw my GP and asked for a referral to the crisis team. In Leicester they aim to see you within 24 hours of referral. I was seen for an assessment and then an appointment made with the crisis team psychiatrist two days later. She added a second antidepressant and I've been seen by the crisis team every 2/3 days since then. I should be discharged this weekend. I recommend it if it's an option for you.

Failing that, I was in a really, really bad way last October and went to A & E and saw the crisis team there. By that evening I was in a house run by the Richmond Fellowship for people in crisis as a kind of home from home to provide support as an alternative to hospital admission.

I think I have been very lucky with the care I've received, I know other people haven't received very good care but if you're getting worse or feel you're not safe as you are it might be worth asking for extra support.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

P.S. I'm sorry you're suffering so much.

Re: Severe unrelenting depression

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we've just had the psychiatric hospital closed down in York because it was 'insufficient' which has caused uproar in the area. I could ask about the crisis team. I know a friend's gf used the crisis team when she had attempted to hurt herself

Thread Information