Thread: clomipramine

clomipramine

My pdoc just took me off Zoloft and switched me to this. I have never heared of it. Does anyone on here take it? if so does it control your OCD?

Harrisburg, Pa

Its one of the tricyclic antidepressant family . Older and well tested drug. It is licenced for obsessional states.

Let us know how you do.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi

Yeah it is quite an old drug and well established. Like all of them it has starters side affects but i a genuine tricylic medication.

Obviously the fact still on market it is good and have had a friend who took it and it turned her life around. Nothing to lose, and take the side affects on board as all meds have them.

Good luck with them.

Love Sal xxxxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi

Yeah it is quite an old drug and well established. Like all of them it has starters side affects but i a genuine tricylic medication.

Obviously the fact still on market it is good and have had a friend who took it and it turned her life around. Nothing to lose, and take the side affects on board as all meds have them.

Good luck with them.

Thanks the Zoloft just was not doing the trick. I never heared of this med but since its old thats why. If it works i wonder why PDoc dont still perscrbe it

Love Sal xxxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by sal - 24 September 2004 : 00:22:15</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Harrisburg, Pa

I used to take this drug and I would say it is definitely worth trying.

It made a big difference to my life and really helped me to get back on my feet. Although I dont have OCD I do think my mind was stuck in a rut and all I could think about was panic. The clomipramine gave me a crutch and is good at taking the edge off anxiety and stress.

I think its only fair to mention that I did find it made my mouth quite dry, reduced my libido and also gave me constipation but that didn't put me off taking it.

Good luck, hope it helps.

Caroline
    x

I HAVE JUST BEEN PRESCRIBED THIS, AND STILL DEBATING WETHER TO TAKE IT OR NOT, I HAVE MANAGED TO STAY OFF MEDS FOR A LONG WHILE NOW, ALTHOUGH RESORTING TO DIAZEPAM WHEN I GET REAL BAD, THING IS I AM SUFFERING A LITTLE AT THE MO WITH ANXIETY AGAIN AND FEELING EDGY AND PANICKY, I HAVE PUT IT DOWN TO COPING WITH A NEW JOB AFTER NOT WORKING FOR A FEW YEARS, THING IS DO I TAKE THESE MEDS OR NOT AND ANYONE ELSE GOT ANY INFO ON ANAFRANIL. MANY THANKS , PAUL

Paul

Did you see this info on my site ....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/clomipramine.htm

That is the technical info anyway.

Nicola

Hi Mate

Cant answer that question but do know that it is still used a lot over hear and did make a huge difference to my friend.

There are loads of types of medication and some suit and some dont. Trial and error to what suits each individual. Hope it helps you.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sorry forgot to mention the fact that it is a well supported drug that is well known for helping with OCD.

From experience know how much it helped my friend who suffered that.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thread Information