Thread: pain in left side of chest beneath ribs

pain in left side of chest beneath ribs

i was falling asleep last night and noticed pain on my ribs (left side of ribs where i imagine heart is) , usually i would freak out but i've been trying to think "its just hypersensitivity just go to sleep" but then i got palps and for a while it felt like the pain was literally my heart feeling weird... indescribable but kind of like it was squeezing? it felt like it almost lined up with the palp time but i was so tired i don't know. it also felt hard to breathe during this time but in a different way than my usually anxiety attacks. anyways i just woke up and was super sweaty and dizzy and still have the chest / rib pain and laying on my back and my other side made it worse. had some palps too which stressed me out. sat up and still feel discomfort and my chest feels kind of tight not as bad as laying on back but still can't tell if its getting worse. i have a horrible fear of having a heart problem suddenly. i'm 22 and have had numerous EKGs and two blood tests and three x-rays and everything came back fine. i did have a slight murmur but my doctor said it was nothing to worry about. do i need to see a doctor for the 4th time right now? i don't want this to be an actual problem and miss it.

i also have bad ocd relating to my health anxiety and last night had the feeling "something will happen tomorrow" and i've been worried ever since... even typing this is making me feel like it will come true. i've had a fear when i went to doctor the 2nd time (you're fine but if you go this time something will happen and no one will believe you) and i'm scared every day. i can't take a shower until near midnight to know that i'll be okay. i feel like which shirts / clothes / things i say will effect what happens and its ruining everything. i've had pure o ocd in the past with various issues (wondering if i'm gay when i'm straight, wondering if i'm going schizophrenic, wondering if i'll become possessed, wondering if i'll become a psychopath) i'm scared because i'm also intuitive but the magical thinking has become intertwined and i don't know what to believe anymore.

is the rib / chest sensation fine? is this intuition or magical thinking from my ocd?

i'm scared

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

i also had the taste of blood in mouth before this happened after i m*sturbated (sorry if this is tmi) and freaked out. i googled only to fine one person say they also have it and its from i have the same taste in my mouth now and spit up a large chunk of blood my family is saying its phlegm and i have allergies but it was a large chunk and it was really dark? there were also a couple of chunks of something in there that were sticky lumps.... my dad looked and said it looks like what he coughs up in the mornings from allergies but i don't believe it because it was so dark and pretty large (nickel size) everyone keeps telling me its phlegm but i'm still scared. I'm not spitting it up as much anymore. i'm also 22 and otherwise healthy.
    Last edited by stressed_out; 30-01-16 at 02:14.

Thread Information