Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30mg citalopram

30mg citalopram

Morning guys, I have been on 30mg for about 2 months now and although my anxiety isn't as bad as it was it is still there. I am exhausted all the time and feel like my heart is bruised ( if that makes sense) I look after my 3 year old son on my own and feel he is missing out on his mummy being happy. I was wondering what people's thoughts were on 40mg?

Re: 30mg citalopram

Hi Natalie,
    well what I'd say personally is I think your anxiety will continue to decrease a little as you get further away from the really panicky times and they become more of a distant memory.
    The other thing I'd say is, sadly, Citalopram can't remove all your anxiety (or if it can it'd be at some obscene level that'd make you like a walking zombie), my anxiety is approximately half what it was before starting Cit, so although anxiety is very much a part of my life still, it is no longer the only thing in my life.

Thanks oh for replying I'm looking into counselling or therapy as well. I used to be so strong I fell so weak now. I don't want to be this person. Xxx

Hey Natalie, might be worth asking your doctor what he thinks. If you still don't feel right and you feel you would benefit on the increase then it might be worth it. I have been on 20 for 10 months but felt really low last week and the anxiety came back, my doc wanted to up me to 40 but we agreed on 30. I'll give this dose a couple of months and see how I go. Keep us posted what you decide.
    Jemma x

Thanks jem I got an appointment Tuesday so will discuss then. I'm sorry you have been feeling low recently xx

I'm not so much low at the minute just very up and due to the increase, only 3 days in and have increased anxiety, can't eat and feel quite sicky. I am getting calmer periods though. Hope you get on ok at the doctors, I have a couple of friends who both take 40mg so don't be worried about it, you have to do what best for you to get yourself back to good. Xx

Aww thanks Hun I hope I feel better soon, feel so lost with it all at the moment xx

Hey Natalie, how are you feeling today? I feel like I'm getting worse. Only 4 days into the increase though but I have high anxiety, that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, tight chest, can't eat and all I seem to want to do is sleep. I'd forgotten how horrible all the side effects were.
    Jemma xx

Hi Natalie and Jem. I have upped my dose from 20 to 40 mg on my Dr advise and Jem is right the side effects start again, not as bad but they are there, increase anxiety, tiredness, yawning, shaky feeling, light headed, stomach churning (he did give me Propanol to counter the physical symptoms which sometimes work) but these, I hope will soon go 2 weeks?

I'm hoping 2 weeks... I'm on day 11. The increased anxiety is gone still a bit shakey, appetite still not come back and I'm mega yawning and could sleep for England. I don't feel depressed at all but I could just lie in bed all day. Really hope this goes soon. Starting to get a bit concerned that I'm still feeling like this on day 11 of the increase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information