Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30mg citalopram

Re: 30mg citalopram

Hiya I've increased to 40mg and feel the same tired all the time and being a single mum to a 3 year old is tough xxx

That must be really tough... Do you have help? When did you increase, this tiredness is really starting to wind me up and I can feel myself getting agitated with it xx

I still have the tiredness after 9 months on 20mg and the yawning too thought not as violent. I am and always have been a poor sleeper, so in the a.m. I feel zonked and come 4-5 oclock in the pm I struggle to keep awake. I think this is just one of those things that will stay, but if it gets rid of the anxiety, then so be it.

Still seem to be having some anxiety but it's a foggy, lethargic tired. I had this when I upped to 20 last year so hoping it's the same thing and that it will pass.

I am on 30 mg. I used to take my tablets in the morning, this made me feel tired during the day. I started taking them at night, I don't feel as tired during the day now. Maybe it is worth experimenting with changing the times you take the tablets.

Thanks user12, I take mine at night but the tiredness has passed now. Still got the foggy head but I think it might be a head cold as my eyes, nose and ears have loads of pressure. Also still get a bit of morning anxiety. I'm only at 3 1/2 weeks of the increase so I'll give it a couple more weeks then maybe think about going up a bit more if it doesn't improve.

I went up to 40mg when I was on it and felt really normal after a little while. So angry my doctor took me off it as I had my life back and am now really ill with anxiety. Just failed on Mirtazapine/Remeron. But Citalopram gives me panic attacks for the first few weeks when I start it and doctor won't give me benzo's to help me get back on it. My friends who suffer with anxiety have told me to go meds free as they felt better after a while not taking anything, don't know what to do. Natalie have you settle don 40mg yet? It completely took my anxiety away and the only time I felt ill was if I missed a dose.

It's such a tough med to get on but worth it in the end. My doc offered benzos in start up but I'm always too scared to take them. It's not nice but if cit is the only one then bite the bullet and go for it. You could always go up really slowly. Wishing you all the best no matter what you decide and always here for support x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information