Thread: clear ct scan still worried

Unhappy clear ct scan still worried

Hello,

I had a clear head ct scan on wednesday but still worried that i have a brain tumour, im being symptom led into this belief and i feel i am getting worse each day.

Currently feeling very disorientated and my thinking is confused, im also tasting perfume and food dont taste correct.

If i had a tumour big enough to cause multiple symptoms would the ct scan have shown it

Re: clear ct scan still worried

You must know deep down that after a clear CT scan, it is totally illogical to STILL believe that you have a brain tumour.

You are just doing what anxious people do, which is LOOK for supposed 'symptoms' that match a particular health worry that you have. You feel you are getting worse, because anxiety is making you feel worse.

I think that I have mentioned before that I nursed a boy with a BT some years ago.

He was VERY ill - vomiting, horrendous, excrutiating headaches. He had his surgery within hours of being admitted.

Doctors do not mess about if they even slightly suspect a tumour.

You DON'T have one. The biggest issue you have is the anxiety, and I would advise you to focus on really addressing that. x

Thanks Debs, I think I do know deep down it is an illogical fear regardless of symptoms, keep telling myself that if I had a brain tumor big enough to cause all these different symptoms it would be impossible to not see it on a ct scan.

No worries.

The CT would have shown something....sure you are fine! x

I had the same fear.got a clear ct scan and now months later i still worry about it, i too have moments of confusion, forgetting, anxious all together...much like you i can't believe i'm fine when i still have those symptoms that pushed me towards the ct.ppl keep telling me it's just fear taking over.the sooner you let go the sooner you get better.

My Dr made an analogy to me, if you are looking for an item in a drawer and believe its there how many times will you look after the first time before you in the end realise that its not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    My Dr made an analogy to me, if you are looking for an item in a drawer and believe its there how many times will you look after the first time before you in the end realise that its not there.
    That's brilliant!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information