Wow I like this new forum.. it's a great Idea figure I'll give it a test run with one of my own recent panics. I work for a insurance provider so I spend day to day dealing with medications and I have gotten in the terrible habit of looking up my own medications and searching for interactions and what not.

I recently began taking Metfomin 500 mg 2x's daily to treat insulin resistance which was added to my regimine of Triamterne/HCTZ 37.5/12.5 mg 1x daily(to treat edema) and Effexor XR 150 mg 1x daily(for my anxiety attacks). I had done some cross referencing on this combination and came up with a possible interaction between the Metformin and Triamterne/HCTZ.. So I called the local pharmacy to find out what it could be they of course told me the horror story of lactic acidosis... Well I wasn't satisfied with that answer so the next day I asked my regular pharmacist and she said oh no there is no interaction in fact she dispenses this combination quiet frequently.

Basically what I am looking to find out: Is this combination safe to take or should I be talking to my primary care physican about a change? I've worked myself up so much over this I've actually succeeded in making myself sick, coupled with the fact I don't like taking meds anyways.. this is causing one lovely panic filed situation.. I haven't scared myself enough to have an attack but I know myself I tend to develop psychosymatic symptoms very easily and help in easing my mind would be GREATLY appreciated.. Thanks!

Trina