Thread: Recurring bizarre dreams that induce extreme anxiety

Recurring bizarre dreams that induce extreme anxiety

Hello everyone,

I have very strange dreams on occasions and although I keep waking up (feeling really anxious) I slip back into the same dream. Although the setting changes these dreams seem to have a common thread - I always feel I am trying to remember or discover something that is just out reach mentally. I am also distantly aware of the absurdity of the dream. These two feelings and the inability to stop falling back into the same dream induce extreme anxiety/panic. Last night I dreamed that I was a candidate in the US presidential race - what is that about? It makes me feel that I am losing it.

Does anyone else experience anything similar?

Thanks

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya tootingyellow and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Recurring bizarre dreams that induce extreme anxiety

It's actually quite normal to have recurring dreams and also to dream about things going on around you. So dreaming about being a candidate for president isn't that strange. Not sure where you live but I am in New Zealand and we are hearing a lot about the US elections.

Often, in my experience, recurring dreams are your brain trying to work things out or resolve them. Once whatever it is is resolved the dream will stop.

I wouldn't worry too much about your experiences, though not nice waking anxious!

Thread Information