Thread: What's happening?

What's happening?

Hi everyone,

My name is Zaine and I have stumbled across this site after suffering from extreme anxiety attacks which has seen me in hospital two times in a week. At first of course I did not know these were anxiety attacks until diagnosed with anxiety disorder. For me the worst part was telling my friends and family what it was. I felt as if I would be judged differently for not being able to handle something that is more or less is in my head. I suffered alone for almost four weeks, barely getting any sleep, going through some very emotional downward spirals and crying uncontrollably to myself until I tired myself out enough to finally get a few hours shut eye. the thought of work and how much leave I was taking did not help the situation specially as I have worked very hard to climb to the position that I am currently at on the career ladder.

The physical symptoms were bad enough as it is but the mental thoughts were on the brink of driving me insane.

Eventually after collapsing on my way to hospital, my sister had finally found out what was happening and since then my entire family has been very supportive which has helped beyond belief. I found that having people around worked wonders for me when it came to getting some rest as I no longer have to worry about my daily chores.

however, what has really helped is reading the symptoms page on this website. After reading the pages, I understand what is happening and most importantly I know I am not going insane lol. Most other things I've read elsewhere could not explain to me the emotional consequences and effects but here, I did not feel alone with the thoughts in my head. Also, I've come to realise that although mildly, I have been suffering from anxiety disorder for not just the last 6 weeks or so but for the last 6 years or maybe even longer without realising or understanding that I was.

I have decided to write this post for two reasons, one is to not be alone in my struggle through this horrible experience and the second.... is to show my gratitude towards the people who have created this site. I do not know the people who have created this site but I would like them to know that I am forever grateful and could never repay them for what they did for a soul who almost gave up and considered his normal life to be over.

From the deepest part of my heart, thank you.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Zaine7673 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: What's happening?

Hi Zaine

You are in good company. Like Venusbluejeans said, have a look around the boards, there are lots of like-minded people.

I have only been using this site for 10 days (I have Health Anxiety) and have found that it helps a lot.

thanks to you all. I have been having a bit of a read at some of the articles and they are such help.

so far I've had a full day with good control over my symptoms

I almost can't believe it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaine7673 View Post
    thanks to you all. I have been having a bit of a read at some of the articles and they are such help.

so far I've had a full day with good control over my symptoms

I almost can't believe it lol
    It's comforting to know that you're not alone isn't it. This site has been a godsend

It certainly is. It has made a difference that even docs couldn't. really has

Thread Information