Thread: Brain tumour fear :-(

Brain tumour fear :-(

Sorry to post about something so sensitive. I am just struggling and almost had a panic attack today.

For 10 weeks I have had an off balance feeling when I walk, like the ground is a trampoline and i am bouncing as I walk. Also legs feel weak. It's affecting me so bad that I hate going out, I hate even walking around my house some days as it feels so bad.

My GP came out to see me in November and December and he did balance tests, co ordination, oxygen, reflexes, bp, eyes, took blood.... all fine. He said it was stress and anxiety. Things improved a little but the last 2 weeks it's come back and i am now feeling worse than ever.

The last 3 days I feel exhausted (I have been suffering from fatigue for months too) weak heavy legs, weak all over, floor moving.....I didn't feel too bad when I got up, took my boys to school then came home. I made a drink and barely noticed the floor moving which reassured me. Then I got up to make lunch, my eyes were super heavy and I felt tired (I saw every hour from 3am thanks to the awful winds outside), my legs went weak and heavy, ground moving feeling... I panicked what if I faint whilst cooking my lunch and the house sets on fire....I stayed despite feeling this sudden heaviness all over and fear i was about to collapse. I got lunch then came up to bed for a lie down.

I have just had a huge cry. I have been worried sick I have a brain tumour the last few months. My GP said my bloods are fine, BP is normal (110/70) and I have no real balance issues as I passed the tests he did.

All of this the past 3 months has really raised my anxiety and I am struggling. I have never really had physical anxiety before but can physical anxiety really make you feel like this?

I dread getting up and walking around. My legs go heavy especially thighs, I feel I will faint or collapse, woozy head, floor moving feeling a lot, or feel I am falling through the floor..... I spend every day the last 2 weeks worrying why I feel like this, has the doctor missed something.... I spoke to a different GP Thursday and he didn't seem worried at all.

I am now very upset, how will I pick my kids up later if I can't even stand to cook lunch. Urgh. I wish I knew this was just anxiety I'd relax a lot because anxiety doesn't really scare me. For years I had anxiety but it was mainly intrusive thoughts and agoraphobia but these physical feelings are something else and I have no idea how to cope with them.

My son had a tough time for 3 months, bullying and panic attacks, I have a daughter who has been ill alot recently and I have been juggling it all aswell as how bad I have been feeling. I am finding it overwhelming my GP thinks, but now things have improved for them I still feel bad.

Can anxiety really make you feel how i describe? I dread walking around, dread going out, I can't even do appointments right now I feel so anxious and afraid of how i feel. I feel so silly.

Re: Brain tumour fear :-(

You have had a lot of stress with your children being unwell recently and all your symptoms sound like anxiety to me. I know 2 people who had brain tumours and I am not going into details but their symptoms were very different to yours.
    Now that the children are back at school take time to relax.

Thank you Ann.

I have just not felt too well for 3 months almost with the floor moving feeling and now this weakness and feeling I will collapse. It's horrible. I find it very scary feeling off balance/floor moving. My husband says it's probably making me feel bad as there is constant fear inside my mind which will cause adrenaline even if I am not having panic attacks pumping adrenaline into the body.

I have been through so much recently and my GP thinks it's all due to that stress and having no support.

Thank you for replying. Hopefully this tough time will pass.I am just feeling worried as I had my life back and felt great.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    You have had a lot of stress with your children being unwell recently and all your symptoms sound like anxiety to me. I know 2 people who had brain tumours and I am not going into details but their symptoms were very different to yours.
    Now that the children are back at school take time to relax.

I will send you a message.

Thank you Ann. x

Hey Bonni

Im in a similar situation since I had a funny "episode" the other week which has practically convinced me I have a brain tumor or something. Since the event, I have had the exact same symptoms as you and ive had an ECG, Blood test, full eye test at opticians, eye test at GP, reflex tests, blood sugar, blood pressure is 110/70 as well (scary huh!) etc. All good.

Docs aint worried at all so I am trying not to be either.

Here to chat if you need just PM me xx

Thank you.

Sorry to hear you are feeling similar.

Are you having the balance issues too?

So glad to hear you are ok. Take comfort in all the tests you have had. They are fine so you are fine.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Arietis View Post
    Hey Bonni

Im in a similar situation since I had a funny "episode" the other week which has practically convinced me I have a brain tumor or something. Since the event, I have had the exact same symptoms as you and ive had an ECG, Blood test, full eye test at opticians, eye test at GP, reflex tests, blood sugar, blood pressure is 110/70 as well (scary huh!) etc. All good.

Docs aint worried at all so I am trying not to be either.

Here to chat if you need just PM me xx

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnibelle View Post
    Thank you.

Sorry to hear you are feeling similar.

Are you having the balance issues too?

So glad to hear you are ok. Take comfort in all the tests you have had. They are fine so you are fine.

B
    And you listen to your own words of advice!!!

haha!! I try ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    And you listen to your own words of advice!!!

Thread Information