Thread: yellow stool-help!

Exclamation yellow stool-help!

Hi everyone. Please can someone help? I am waiting for a gallbladder scan on 23rd February because of pain in my right shoulder blade and ribs. Really worried today as my stools are yellow-brown. Starting to panic about a gallbladder infection or blockage. GP said to watch for pale or clay coloured stools but I don't know what that means exactly. Why do I have to wait 3 weeks for a scan? Surely it will get worse? I am eating bland food and drinking just water but still have intermittent pain each day and nauseous after eating.
    Can't get a GP appointment till Friday. So frightened it is keeping me awake every night. Has anyone experienced this please?

Re: yellow stool-help!

Hey,
    I'm not an expert but yellow poo can be caused by excess fat/grease. When he says look out for pale, he doesn't meant yellow. He means very light, white, grey, that sort of colour. X

I don't have any problems with my gallbladder but I get yellowy-brown poos quite a lot. Most of the time it comes out like yellowish diarrhea or at least very soft stools. Its never worried me but I mentioned it to my doctor and he just said it was probably excess fat which seems likely as I am a student and live off of takeaways! I've always been told that when it comes to poop, every colour is fine except for clay coloured, jet black like tar and dark blood spots in poop. Every colour in between green, yellow and brown is fine,

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Hello there, I've had my gallbladder out a few years back. My GI doc told me that the yellow color can just mean that your food made a more rapid transit through your system. Nothing to worry about

Hi sunflower lady, like you I've been waiting for my gb scan which will finally be done tomorrow, though I'm a little anxious. I've been having pain in right shoulder and rt. upper abdomen with lots of nausea! I find some relief with drinking plenty of water and only eating maybe 200 calories about every 3 hours or so. Plain rice, turkey, roasted chicken, cooked vegetables, but very small amount at a time. Seems to have given me some relief over the last couple of days. I did eat some vegetables that had a little butter and it was torture! My son just looked at what I was eating and said he felt sorry for me. They were eating spaghetti and I wanted some so bad. I've lost quite a bit of weight......waiting to find out whats wrong, but I guess unless we're running fever or in severe pain I don't think they treat it like an emergency.

Yea, pale (clay colored) stool is the symptom to watch for.

Hope you are feeling better. Had my scans done today and they went well with not much pain. Will not know anything till doc gets reports.......

Thankyou so much to everyone who has replied. I have one more week till my scan so hopefully will have some answers soon.
    Hope you got good results faithfulone.

My gb scan came out okay though functioning at 44%, but he doesn't think that's my problem. Have some other issues, but nothing concrete. Let me know what happens with yours. Are you in a lot of discomfort?

Thread Information