Thread: Went to the doc today (Hydroxyzine?)

Went to the doc today (Hydroxyzine?)

Well I have upped my dose of Sertraline to 50mg. I was feeling pretty good on the 25mg which basically tamed my nausea symptoms and a bit of my other symptoms but I wanted to see if they would mostly be gone going up a dose. This doesn't mean I'll stay on it forever or anything.
    But I wanted to know if anybody has ever taken Hydroxyzine HCL along with anxiety/anti-depressant meds? I'm having a little problem with the upped dose with side effects which brought back my nausea and I know those will go away but I can tell it's affecting my sleep this time. I've done a lot of research on hydroxyzine, as you should maybe before taking them, and my doctor thought that would be a great idea to jump on. Depending on the person it's pretty sedating. This also works great for people with medium anxiety. But I'm sure if you have severe anxiety like me it will at least take the edge off. It should also take the edge off the side effects your meds are giving you. But sounds like for the most part this is great for sleep. Calms you down so you can fall asleep and get a lot of it too! I'll be trying this tonight. If you don't hear from me within 12 hours of taking it you all know what happened, haha.
    Last edited by AdamE; 03-02-16 at 21:14.

Re: Went to the doc today (Hydroxyzine?)

Yes I have. It is nice because it is not addictive like other anti-anxiety medications. I used to take 50 mg. It's an anti-histamine, so that's why it can make you tired. That side effect can pass with time though. Good luck!

Thread Information