Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading

Re: Reading

Just finished 'The Truth Factory' tonight. I've been reading it for over 2 months other than an autobiography, this is the longest it has ever taken me to read a book.

reading the 5th Ruth Galloway book, good stuff, great characters 'Dying Fall'

have read all 4 others this year, bit of binge reading i guess

Reading A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig.. it's one of those books aimed at children that is magical for everyone. That's my excuse.

Incidentally, the author suffered from anxiety and depression when he was 24. His Reasons To Stay Alive book is exceptional.

I picked up a couple of old Readers Digest books from the hospital to read on the plane,the date on them....1991..

Im taking part in a Coaching away day in London in January so I currently have books on Coaching people loaded up on my Kindle.
    Including
    Coaching Manual by Julie Starr

Im also hoping to read a few more quick James Patterson bookshots over Christmas

I've just read a couple of Karl Pickingtons books for a bit of light reading. The TV programme is funnier but the books were still enjoyable.

I've just read 'Armada' by Ernest Cline, really liked his Player One book but was dissapointed with this

he seems to be repeating himself sadly

Has anybody on here read any James Herbert or Stephen King books? If so, any suggestions on the best? I prefer them to be scary as opposed to thriller (which I'm sure Stephen Kings latest ones are). I've been told The Stand and the 'Tower' series are really good but I just want to read a regular 3-500 page book not a large one of any series.
    I've read the shining, pet sematary, salems lot, didn't find them half as scary as they're meant to be, I've also read the David Ash books by James Herbert and I really liked that character. Just need someone to help make up my mind on what to read next.

The best shorter entry into James Herbert's work are the shorter earlier works such as 'The Spear' and 'The Rats' but he does I think become latterly a classier writer.

The best route into Stephen King would be his short story collections. Often there are as many ideas in his short stories as there are in other peoples full novels.

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Talisman with Peter Straub is my favourite Stephen King but its a long book

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    The best shorter entry into James Herbert's work are the shorter earlier works such as 'The Spear' and 'The Rats' but he does I think become latterly a classier writer.

The best route into Stephen King would be his short story collections. Often there are as many ideas in his short stories as there are in other peoples full novels.

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Talisman with Peter Straub is my favourite Stephen King but its a long book
    Didn't Stephen King recently release a new book full of short stories?

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information