Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading

Re: Reading

I've got a few short stories ones on my e reader (full dark, no stars or something and another, I got them because I love the movie 1408), but I'm not too interested in a short one, or a long one hahaha I'm being awkward I just want to read a regular sized one but preferentially with ghosts. I'm not keen on vampires or anything like Salems Lot, I was disappointed with that one. I read the Jonah as it sounded really good but was so disappointed in the ending.
    Saying that I probably would read a long one if it was good, I believe James Herberts last one was a long one but as it was a David Ash book I was already interested before I'd even read the blurb.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett.

I'm a big graphic novels reader as well.
    I read 'The Pillbox' by David Hughes, its a really odd ghost story about a boy that dies in a Pillbox during the war. illustratively though its quite powerful.
    Currently reading Alan Moores 'Fashion Beast' which was a film script he wrote years ago and now he has created a graphic novel. It's making for a good read, different to his Watchmen work.

I'm going to read either The Dark, Once or Shrine by James Herbert as I have them on my e reader already. I'll have a look at the Amazon reviews and see which seems the best. Then I think I'll try reading Dr Sleep.

Is that Stephen Kings 'Dr Sleep', I think I bought that for my kindle a couple of years back but still havent read it yet.

Yes it is the sequel to The Shining. A relative has read it and said it's good. Stephen Kings son has a few books out I've read N0S4R2 and it was OK, wouldn't mind reading other books of his.

I really liked Joe Hill's N0S4R2
    I have a couple of his short story collections which are nearly as good as his fathers short stories.

Ooh I didn't realise he short story collections. Just Googled and seen one named '20th Century Ghosts', sounds like my kind of book. May one day read Horns too, although I like Daniel Radcliffe so would possibly prefer the movie.

Im reading Douglas Adams Doctor Who story 'the Pirate Planet' written up by James Goss, great great fun, you can feel Adams in the prose from Goss

'20th Century Ghosts' is great, haven't read or seen 'Horns'

Read 'The Raft' from Stephen Kings skeleton crew as Googled and a few people said it was creepy. I'm a wimp and it didn't even creep me out.

Reminded me of Christopher Ransoms 'Beneath the Lake', wonder if he got the idea from Stephen Kings story. Bit disappointed in these short stories and think I may have to just read a proper book.

Have 20th century ghosts on my e reader so will try a few of those but only interested in horror or thriller.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information