Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading

Re: Reading

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    Girl on the Train is based around a girl who travels into London every day on the train and as the train travels down the track she watches people just doing their normal day to day stuff in their houses .... or are they?!?!? Or is she just watching them?!?!? It is worth a read if you find it.
    Ooh sounds twisted, just my kind of book ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    I'm not sure where the term wool comes from, something to do with being a woolly back (sheep) ... it's what the scousers use to call the Welsh, but nowadays if you're not from Liverpool you're a wool.

I found a Victoria Hislop book, The Return. It's next on my list to try. I paid the grand sum of 25p. I do love a charity shop book hunting session. I volunteer in a charity shop so I tend to give all my unwanted stuff to our shop.

Girl on the Train is based around a girl who travels into London every day on the train and as the train travels down the track she watches people just doing their normal day to day stuff in their houses .... or are they?!?!? Or is she just watching them?!?!? It is worth a read if you find it.
    I got it wrong, I meant Pretty Baby. I didn't realise The Girl on the Train was new. Just seen it in Tesco earlier.

You can't go wrong for 25p!

So I've finished The Husbands Secrets and now it's all done with I can say, it's not that bad really. There are no boring bits, there is always something happening and I didn't see most of the twists happening. I still don't understand how Tupperware parties are still huge in Australia but I guess it is what it is. But if anyone see's it in a charity shop it's worth a read. And now I have the reading bug back I will be mainly reading or on here trying to beat Terrys fishy score in the games!!

I bet you'll beat me no problem, MrsCav. God knows how Laura chalked up that score in the same time though?!

I love that game but I can not get any higher than £28K. Once those purple balls start there are too many colours for me and I fail, miserably. But I keep trying .... 'cos I have nowt better to do, well, I do, housework, but I can't be bothered hahahaaa

Just wanted to say that the Stephanie/Jezza fauxmance is featured in this week's OK mag-well it is "reading" of sorts! Just for you, MrsCav!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just wanted to say that the Stephanie/Jezza fauxmance is featured in this week's OK mag-well it is "reading" of sorts! Just for you, MrsCav!
    So cynical! It's the next big love story, I tell you! I will be checking all the local hairdressers out to find my copy

I've just started reading the first in the Nick Jones time travel series that was offered parts 1,2&3 as a freebie. Not bad so far, though possibly not the most accomplished prose the plot seems good

I finished The Jonah this morning. I really did enjoy it but it still took me ages to read compared to usual.
    The only downside was the unhappy ending, the guy had all the bad luck in the world and couldn't even have a happy ending. Poor bloke. Would read again as I liked the main character.

The Jonah, I think I may have read that ages ago, don;t remember much about it except that I like it if it was the James Herbert book I'm half remembering

Nick Jones book is called 'downstream' and I think he's self published

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information