Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading

Re: Reading

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just wanted to say that the Stephanie/Jezza fauxmance is featured in this week's OK mag-well it is "reading" of sorts! Just for you, MrsCav!
    I hear her Loose Women appearance didn't quite go to plan...with the audience booing and the accusations of fake tears.

Jez is too high all the time, he keeps backing out of jobs. Silly boy.

They truly are a grim pair. In my view they represent all that is bad about materialistic young people today.

I guess she will have a biography out before christmas !!!

Talking of biographies, I've just re-read the faux biography of Alan Partridge, it's so good, genuinely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    They truly are a grim pair. In my view they represent all that is bad about materialistic young people today.

When Daniella Westbrook was saying how she wanted her daughter to be like Megan or Stephanie (can't remember which one now) and to look to her as a role model, I could not believe my ears!! It's horribly wrong if young girls now think they are role models. Or young lads think reality people are role models.

Back to reading ... I have mentioned to my son that I like Tom Hardy, so today he has bought me the Tom Hardy autobiography - I should have said 'I like looking at Tom Hardy'

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    When Daniella Westbrook was saying how she wanted her daughter to be like Megan or Stephanie (can't remember which one now) and to look to her as a role model, I could not believe my ears!! It's horribly wrong if young girls now think they are role models. Or young lads think reality people are role models.

Back to reading ... I have mentioned to my son that I like Tom Hardy, so today he has bought me the Tom Hardy autobiography - I should have said 'I like looking at Tom Hardy'
    Maybe it will have some pictures in?

Tom Hardy was a drug addict but recovered and got into acting. Sounds interesting. It's a fair turn around and something I would rather hear than the many addicts who just got that way through being a celebrity and just keep going with it.

He seems pretty versatile too, someone who can actually play different roles. He's tipped for the next Bond...so keep em crossed (ya fingers )

It was Megan she said that about, after she had several meltdowns. I guess her adult life has warped her sense of values.

I guess Steph & Jez will just milk the press deals until they run out and spend it all on drink. It's really sad, but it's far sadder than people look up to these fools like they have achieved anything in life, these people just throw it all away and moan later...probably on a talk show with Piers.

I love reading & wish I had more time to do it! It sounds morbid but I love reading about criminology & the judicial system but also love reading about ancient Egypt & Kings/Queens of England...... anything to do with history really. Also love reading biographies of old movie stars. I was definitely born in the wrong era!! xx

I'm currently reading 'Painkiller' by Nev Fountain.
    It's a great book that really gets under the skin of it's lead character who has suffered an 'accident' which now shapes her whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I'm currently reading 'Painkiller' by Nev Fountain.
    It's a great book that really gets under the skin of it's lead character who has suffered an 'accident' which now shapes her whole life.
    Seems interesting. How do all you decide which book you will read next? Do you look in book shops? Look at online reviews?
    I tend to type it daft things on Google such as 'best horror books', or look on Amazon and read the reviews. At the moment I'm going to read another James Herbert one. The Dark maybe, or another that's already on my reader.

With my BiPolar I find it really hard to decide what to read / listen to / watch next, I find it really hard relaxing, because I cant decide.

I really do have to resort to randomly selecting things sometimes, literally randomly picking a number and then following where that leads. It's probably why I've ended up with so may unlistened audio plays, graphic novels, books etc.

Sometimes i go straight from a review in a magazine or online to the media material before I distract myself with indecision.

i have a very short attention span, and the bad thing about that is, that when it comes to reading, it takes me weeks to finish a book (and even then sometimes i just don't finish it because i get so bored of the plot)

i can read daniele steel (i love her), and also agatha christie

but with those 2 exceptions out the way, reading is difficult for me.

right now i'm reading a book called talk of the village- and though i've been reading for a week i'm barely halfway through

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information