Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fluox here I come ( I think)

Re: Fluox here I come ( I think)

Update everyone! And thankyou all for your replies.

So I took the tablet this morning at half 7, I have worried myself so sick about the side effects that I have been in bed all afternoon suffering with severe panic attacks. Still don't feel too great right now either

I was scared all last night to the point where it was waking me up and when I got up this morning I summoned up the courage and took one. Went to work with a massive knot in my stomach and as the day progressed I was feeling worse. Then finished work at half one, had a pounding headache and had a panic attack. Then another then another. I worked myself up so much that all the dreaded feelings came back. Best thing about it is, my anxiety hasn't been too bad over the last month or so!!
    So no AD's for me at this time. I can't do it when I have to work everyday. I would be more tempted to stick them out if I was at home instead. I know how I've felt today isn't down to the Fluox, it's me that's been thinking the worst so therefore the worst has happened.
    I've called my doc again and got another appointment thurs to ask for some CBT. I've also called a few private therapists in my area and they have said I would benefit from some CBT definitely so I might pay for a session or two while I wait for the NHS.
    I will keep you all posted.
    Thankyou for all your concerns guys

Hey, you have to do what's right for you. Have you considered taking propranolol why the fluoxetine kicks in? It's a beta blocker so stops all the adrenalin running - but you probably know that.

I had a few private therapy sessions whilst I waited for my CBT to come through. I also tried EFT Emotional Freedom Technique, if you haven't heard of it there are lots of videos on youtube. Plus, look at meditation. I really really like meditating. I live close to a Budhist temple so there are always meditation classes on.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    Hey, you have to do what's right for you. Have you considered taking propranolol why the fluoxetine kicks in? It's a beta blocker so stops all the adrenalin running - but you probably know that.

I had a few private therapy sessions whilst I waited for my CBT to come through. I also tried EFT Emotional Freedom Technique, if you haven't heard of it there are lots of videos on youtube. Plus, look at meditation. I really really like meditating. I live close to a Budhist temple so there are always meditation classes on.
    Thanks mrscav,
    I've had propranolol in the past. I took it for quite some time and it was ok. I'm determined to give CBT and other therapies a go, I had some CBT when I was first diagnosed about 20 years ago on the NHS and I can't remember much about it, it's all been a blur since then lol.
    My appts Thursday with the doc so I'll see what he says. I've called a few private ones aswell and they say I would benefit from CBT so I'll take it from there. I'm gonna see if there's any courses online aswell.

I am a yoga freak so I've learnt quite a bit about meditation as it does tend to go hand in hand, it does really calm the mind if you can get properly switched on. So I will look further into meditation aswell but I still do my yoga everyday whether I feel shitty or not. Can't imagine my life without it now.
    Thankyou for all your suggestions!
    Will keep you posted

You sound pretty clued up, I think you'll be really good with CBT. I personally believe once you have accepted your poorly and consider a treatment your well on your way to recovery. And you have chosen CBT, so good for you. Drop by every now and again to let us know how you're getting on please

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCav View Post
    You sound pretty clued up, I think you'll be really good with CBT. I personally believe once you have accepted your poorly and consider a treatment your well on your way to recovery. And you have chosen CBT, so good for you. Drop by every now and again to let us know how you're getting on please
    Of course I will! I know that it can be beaten even after all this time!
    Acceptance is the key nothing else as Dr Claire Weekes has said all those years ago, practise makes perfect right?

Take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information