Thread: pink urine so scared!!

pink urine so scared!!

hey guys, my first time on a forum, have done the massive anxiety no no and googled my symptoms and now I feel like I really need some reassurance. I had a baby about 6 months ago and things just havnt been the same since October, ive had so many strange things going on and obviously assumed the worst with everything! all started with classic uti, along with backache etc, had urine tested and ecoli was found so short course of antibiotics was given. my backache remained, nurse and doctor said it was likely sciatica. but its been almost 3 months of this backache and only a handful of days where I havnt had it. anyway cut a very long story short after another doctor visit she thinks im suffering anxiety, had a fbc, ferritin, kidneys and thyroid test and all came back clear. I since began to feel better about things after the blood tests and im due to go back and see her again to discuss treatment, but a few day ago when I woke up and went to the toilet it was light pink in colour and its all started all over again!! im petrified I have bladder cancer I cant get it out of my head. my partner has tried telling me it was probably the strawberry yogurt I ate before bed, I want to believe him but im just so scared!

Re: pink urine so scared!!

This might sound silly but, have you checked the loo for any kind of cleaner/toilet block?

I once had flourescent green wee when I was poorly and had only been able to eat twister ice lollies.
    Blue poop was another, from blue food colouring in a milkshake.

haha I did think that after I flushed but it was too late!! even tried telling myself there must have been something else in there! but nope, im pretty sure it was just my urine I cant believe the moment I start to feel like a normal human being worrying over what my doctor says are all nothing I go and find one of the most scariest things I can think of! I checked the yogurt, it had purple carrot extract concentrate in it but im still not convinced this would have given me pink wee

Hey,
    I doubt it was the yoghurt. It does sound like blood in your wee, but that could be there for allsorts of reasons. You could have another UTI, you could be starting your period, you could have a small graze that hasn't healed. I wouldn't get too upset about it, check your wee tomorrow (wee into a plastic jug) and drop a sample in at the docs (or walk in centre) for testing. X

ill try and get an appointment with the nurse on Monday, when I was pregnant for the last month or so they always said my urine had trace of blood in it and they would send it to the lab and it would always come back clear! im so worried I have bladder cancer, I really don't know what to think now

Have you consulted Dr Google? I convinced myself I had that too, as I have nasty smelling wee, white blood cells in there but no infection, and I am always at the loo. x

Just pop bk to docs hun I'm sure your fine uv see prob got an infection.and that's for sticking up for me earlier its been deleted now thank god

I have docs on Friday so I will mention it but im terrified :( must be done though! aaah no worries, I have been in a state over loads of ailments so I know how you feel just needing to hear someone say they have the same and are ok

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

and yes, dr google tells me I have bladder cancer wish I hadn't bothered!!

Thread Information