Thread: Heart palpitations

Heart palpitations

Hi, I havnt been on for quite a while as I've been "managing" my anxiety. But for a couple of years now I've suffered palpitations pretty much constantly. They really upset me and my quality of life isn't what it was as I can't even go to the gym any more or panic in shops etc. I've had CBT, not helping.... I've had 24hr ecg, had normal ecg and typically I didn't have a single palpitation during these tests, had a blood test and it's all clear.... But I just know something isn't right, I get them even when I'm relaxing on a Sunday morning and am not even anxious! I've been given 10mg citalopram and 10mg propranolol. Still not used them yet as too scared of side effects. I just want to know that I'm not the only one who suffers with constant palpitation then maybe I won't feel like I'm about to drop dead 😞 Thank you x

Re: Heart palpitations

Hi Dreena,

I've been having these for about 4 months on and off. It's kind of like my heart does one quick beat and then feels like it stops for a second and does a huge beat. It feels a bit like that feeling when you go on a fairground ride or rollercoaster and your stomach jumps into your chest?

I've just had the 24 hour monitor done and waiting for results but, like you, nothing of interest happened when I had the bloody thing on!

To be honest I've gotten used to it and it's not scaring me as much anymore. The GP insists it's not abnormal and I had an ECG at the hospital when I went there freaking out and they said it was normal.

It's made me very nervous about exercising as I had an incident of panicking when I was doing the garden. Again GP says everything is fine. Maybe it's just something we have to put up with? (and it won't kill us!)

All the best

I've only got them in the past week or so and expressed my concern to a dr who didn't seem bothered at all. My mum has had this for as long as she can remember and no Drs have been phased by it p

Thanks guys, I can go weeks/months with out them, but when they start i just dread it. It is a comfort that the doctors are not concerened I suppose

I mentioned it to my doctor today as well and she didn't seem fussed either so at least the doctors seem to be in agreement

Thread Information