Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
I began to wonder if this is people are being hostile, patronising or unkind? And whether this leads to a difficulty in forming friendships...... and in turn your feelings of isolation? If there is even a remote chance this is true I would very much urge you to think carefully and openly about how you interpret people (incredibly hard I know)..... because the key to unlocking a more rewarding and connected life might be there.

We see anxiety as a way of coping. It may have been when we were young. Now we can use kinder and more efficient ways. Like reaching out to loving people, in mutual compassion.

A comment of BB's from 2014 (pre-diagnosis) and plenty more where that came from!

I am sending you my heart-felt respect and compassion. Good luck.

Beautiful, no?

Autistic now means autistic then.

Getting an autism diagnosis - especially later in life - is very challenging and can be as problematic as it can be helpful. I sympathise and empathise, but this person clearly knows how to conduct themself on a public forum looking at their historic threads/comments.

BB will always have had issues interpreting people; it's par for the course of being autistic, but this blatant (and consistent) rudeness wasn't there historically as far as I can see, and that's my issue.

Whatever the cause is for this current attitude malfunction; it isn't autism.

We all deserve to be treated with respect - especially Pulisa - who couldn't be any kinder or respectful to people and who has her own crap to deal with.

Hopefully BB will see fit to mend that particular bridge? I hope so, because life is tough enough without alienating people who are trying to support us.

Anyway, that's me. I'm off to wipe bird shit off my conservatory roof.