Thread: Postnasal Drip/Catarrh

Postnasal Drip/Catarrh

Does anyone else suffer from this without having had a cold/sinus problems?

I've had it for about a year and it drives me mad.

Just wondering if you have to have had other symptoms with it?

Re: Postnasal Drip/Catarrh

Yes!! I suffered for years with it until a month ago. I did some research online and found a pillow that is a wedge on Amazon. The pillow is for Post Nasal Drip/Acid Reflux/snoring/etc. This helps with the post nasal drip not pooling in the back of your throat causing phlegm. I also had/have acid reflux without the heartburn so the wedge pillow helped with that as well. I never knew that I had reflux until I went to the ENT and he told me. I went to him because I was going nuts with the post nasal drip and the throat pain. Also, Ocean Nasal Spray was the single best thing that I ever discovered for post nasal drip. It is a miracle spray, gentle enough for infants (or so says the bottle) and I use it once a day. I bought it at the grocery store, super cheap too
    It gently dries up the excess gunk, so that nothing drips and all of your symptoms magically disappear!!
    my symptoms prior to the wedge and nasal spray were:
    -Terrible sore throat all of the time
    -heavy constant mucous, worse in the morning
    Admittedly, I was a smoker until January 1st, so I think that the smoke contributed to the PND a lot.
    Good luck to you, and hopefully you have these 2 items where you live and they can provide you relief!!

I have sinus pressure all the time!

Also, at first glance i thought this post was entitled "postmortem grip" and I was reeeeeally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Meglen View Post
    Yes!! I suffered for years with it until a month ago. I did some research online and found a pillow that is a wedge on Amazon. The pillow is for Post Nasal Drip/Acid Reflux/snoring/etc. This helps with the post nasal drip not pooling in the back of your throat causing phlegm. I also had/have acid reflux without the heartburn so the wedge pillow helped with that as well. I never knew that I had reflux until I went to the ENT and he told me. I went to him because I was going nuts with the post nasal drip and the throat pain. Also, Ocean Nasal Spray was the single best thing that I ever discovered for post nasal drip. It is a miracle spray, gentle enough for infants (or so says the bottle) and I use it once a day. I bought it at the grocery store, super cheap too
    It gently dries up the excess gunk, so that nothing drips and all of your symptoms magically disappear!!
    my symptoms prior to the wedge and nasal spray were:
    -Terrible sore throat all of the time
    -heavy constant mucous, worse in the morning
    Admittedly, I was a smoker until January 1st, so I think that the smoke contributed to the PND a lot.
    Good luck to you, and hopefully you have these 2 items where you live and they can provide you relief!!
    Thanks, will have a look! XX

Thread Information