Thread: HMm. Maybe Vestibular Migraines?

HMm. Maybe Vestibular Migraines?

So I started thinking. I've had this huge brain fog, almost physical brain numbness for over a half year now. This gives me full facial and head numbness, unable to concentrate, etc. My doctor so far has been correct so far all this time that it's due to anxiety. I've had all of the tests and images and all came back normal.

I realized that my symptoms are at it's worst when I'm in front of a monitor. Normally when I walk away it feels a bit better. Doesn't go away but it's not unbearable. I work in IT so I'm in front of a monitor all day for the most part and when I'm at home I was also so isolated so I spent even more time at my computer there too.

I'm wondering if I'm suffering from Vestibular Migraines. I don't have the headaches (which most people would think all migraines would inherit). But I have everything else. Maybe this whole thing with anxiety isn't anxiety related. I DO have anxiety for sure. But I'm thinking I have something more. Does anybody else have vestibular migraines?

Re: HMm. Maybe Vestibular Migraines?

Do you get dizzy?

Sometimes but not crazy dizzy. It does feel like my eyes aren't keeping up with things and a little off balance.

I get migraine aura, mainly zig zags in my vision, sometimes a slight headache, but mostly light headed and dizzy. I think mine are vestibular migraines.

I have this as well, and it's usually around the same time every day (late afternoon) and certain types of lighting seem to make it worse.

The best way I can describe it is, you know the balloon man in the Airhead commercials? That's how I feel.

Thread Information