Thread: Please guys help me i no longer live with this fearof SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA

Please guys help me i no longer live with this fearof SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA

First ill be very thankfull for any reply to my biggest problem NOW.

Im 25yo male (6.4ft tall 176 pounds) previously diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder(because i think im dying from my heartbeat i throw away all sport during this stage and also googling about some football players who dead in football matches).I dont have any medications and rarely i passed this stage happy...now i can sport and doing everything... and now im suffering from my mysterious inability to sleep last 2 weeks.Its been 16th january that i had problems and i was sleep very lightly that night with aprox 3 hours of sleeping.Previously day is so stressfull in job and also i have some personal problems.After three wakefulness nights with some light sleep i was so nervous during 4th night and go to PC in around 2 a.m.Then googling word INSOMNIA.Then it turn on page called something like Man without sleeping...also found some disseases like SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA which is brutal and people slowsly dying from lack of sleep.Then im very scary of reading that stuff and then i suffer brutal shaking and im so scareed and been wake all night long and googling about this dissease.Past day im looking like zombie at work and my friends told me whats wrong with you?I simply answered:I dont sleep much and they tell me they see it.Literally its been 2 weeks ..with or without sleep..some with dreams some not..but its not restless sleeping and also dont be refreshed BUT ...its two weeks and i dont be sleepy so much.Zesterday i run around my town with no problems and feeling like i had some mania.Also i googling that people who suffer sleep deprivation are maniacs and depressed.SO as i told i browse all google about INSOMNIA..FATAL INSOMNIA ALSO FAMILY FATAL IUNSOMNIA which is genetically inherited and SPORADIC FORM WHICH IS SPORADIC and its can have anyone of us...ive been in my local doc and he take me blood for test and also he prescribed me to go to psychiatrics/psychologist.Blood test are OK but i have my TSH LOW and i was googling thts means i might be a hyperthyreosis...also i have history diagnosis with thyreoid...but andocrinologist nothing prescribed to me but told me that must be monitored every 6 moths....

Please guys sorry for my long text but i need help im so scary now going into bed and knowing that i had no sleep than next day i googling about fatal insomnia.

Also ive been on psychiatrics clinic and he prescribed me some sleeping pills,lexaurin and TRITTICO ...ill poping some but effect is horrible ..yes i sleep like bear with some awakenings but next day i feel im alien or something like that..

So my problems guys is also that ...SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA HAVE SOME STAGES ...first stages is insomnia for four moths ..than other stages hallucinations,cant walk properly etc ...and occurs dead in last stage..And now im incredibly crazy and my mind is set that i cant have any hallucinations until four moths and can walk and eat properly ...so crazy im

How to erase that stupid mind ?I know im so crazy but guys if you help me ill be take some restless nights from your writting.

Re: Please guys help me i no longer live with this fearof SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA

No... just no.

SFI is a condition that has only been documented in 10 to 15 patients IN ALL HISTORY, AND IN ALL THE WORLD.

It'd be like... 100+ times as likely for you to be struck by lightning than to have one of the rarest conditions of all times.

You don't sleep well because you're too nervous and anxious, that's all.

Re: Please guys help me i no longer live with this fearof SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA

Thank you friend

But how can i pass my thinking that ive had SFI?

When i was in puberty im hypochondriac as hell..i suffer hypochondria from :HIV/AIDS (for none reason) in 2010 thinking had heart dissease with with brain tumor for roughly two years...
    Jumped into 2016 with this insomnia and SFI ..

My symptomps :
    Some headaches
    Cold hands,foots
    Twiching
    Hearth rate up
    And insomnia ...

And i have question..why i got decent sleep maybe 3 hours per night and when i wake up in late morning feeling fresh not sleepy ..swearing a lot and my muscles are tired ?

Previously before 16th january im no.1sleeper

And....also i take Propecia to prevent from hairloss one year ...when i had insomnia problems i quit it by cold turkey..its because i think that ive had sleep issues due to the using finasteride because i googling that finasteride cause insomnia.Many guys using propecia and quit it suffer sleep problems..

Quote Originally Posted by dante456 View Post
    Thank you friend

But how can i pass my thinking that ive had SFI?

When i was in puberty im hypochondriac as hell..i suffer hypochondria from :HIV/AIDS (for none reason) in 2010 thinking had heart dissease with with brain tumor for roughly two years...
    Jumped into 2016 with this insomnia and SFI ..

My symptomps :
    Some headaches
    Cold hands,foots
    Twiching
    Hearth rate up
    And insomnia ...

And i have question..why i got decent sleep maybe 3 hours per night and when i wake up in late morning feeling fresh not sleepy ..swearing a lot and my muscles are tired ?

Previously before 16th january im no.1sleeper

And....also i take Propecia to prevent from hairloss one year ...when i had insomnia problems i quit it by cold turkey..its because i think that ive had sleep issues due to the using finasteride because i googling that finasteride cause insomnia.Many guys using propecia and quit it suffer sleep problems..
    These symptoms that you describe are typical anxiety and I had them myself in the past. You can't have SFI, it's impossible.

I'm not too familiar with Propecia, but doing a quick research I've found that you're correct, some people do have insomnia after quitting Propecia so it might be part of the reason, although I would bet that the major reason why you're sleeping worse is because of anxiety.

3 hours of sleep aren't too many hours, your body needs at least 6 to 8 hours to feel refreshed, if you sleep less than that you can function but you'll feel more tired. This is just temporary.

Just relax, you might have a few more days of bad sleep but eventually you'll sleep well again. And forget about SFI.

I agree in that there's just no way you have this.... and I mean NO WAY! Seriously, you stand a better chance of hitting the lottery 10X than having this illness. I don't know what anyone could say other than what's been said.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you guys ..your answers make me feel better

As i sad i googling everything about this illness.Its kind of some obsession or something like this.I wish i never found this disease maybe i sleeping better...

Always dont feel tired when i go into bed,i think ive had some hours of sleep because i remember dreams but still have fear of this illness.I thinking normal,fast ...

Its crazy enough that i wish this disease has little period like 10 days i must be aware about 4-6 monts now if i had some walking problems,dementia ..yea i know its crazy but ...

If you have answer how to pass this fear ....

Also if you understand endocrinology my TSH is low 0.25 ...and i found that can be hyperthyroism and that cause anxiety and insomnia ...

Hey guys

This night is terrible :(

Ive got question...if im dreaming how much i sleep? This night go to bed in nearly 11pm and have some light sleep however dreaming..but awake at 3 a.m and be wakefullness till now ? Its so creepy because im not sleepy at all .
    I can play hockey now ..but feel lightly tired :(
    As for mention i always go to bed when im not sleepy ..maybe theres some mistakes done..

Help me guys :( Thanks for any reply

Thread Information