Thread: Lump on roof of mouth

Lump on roof of mouth

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to stay away from the forums the past couple weeks, but I am having a bit of a HA scare right now. I noticed a year or so ago that I have a lump on the right side of my hard palate- right where it meets the soft palate. I didn't really think much of it, but I have noticed that it seems to have gotten a little bigger lately. It is completely solid and hard, almost feels like a bone...and does not move at all. I have also been dealing with swollen neck lymph nodes on the opposite side, but the doctors believe that is coming from a case of Glandular Fever/Mono.

I made a dentist appointment for tomorrow, but has anyone else ever had this kind of lump on their hard palate? I'm terrified it could be oral cancer or something of the like.

Please, any insight would be great. Thank you.
    Last edited by AnxiousLife; 08-02-16 at 18:27.

Re: Lump on roof of mouth

just came across your post and noticed you were due to go the dentist today! wondered how you got on? I have loads of weird bumps and spots etc in my mouth I always panic im going to get told o have oral cancer but dentist says I have little blocked mucus glands, and old scar from multiple abscess in the same place ( wouldn't go dentist was too scared so just kept popping it, eventually it got so bad I had no choice haha ) and a little cyst wow my oral health sounds terrible!

Yes, I went to the dentist today. He seems to think it is an extension of the hamular notch??? But he isn't 100% sure, so he referred me to an oral surgeon. Unfortunately I can't see him for a month...

whats a hamular notch?

I'm not really sure, but you can google it. It's part of the roof of your mouth...I have a lump on the left side too, it's just not as prominent

Thread Information