Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does it work?

Does it work?

I had hypnotherapy about 2 years ago to get me on a plane again after not flying for over 5 years. It worked! I then went on to have hypnotherpay for the panic attacks and anxiety. It was a lovely relaxing experience and I would recommend it to anyone, though it can be expensive!

I too have had hypnotherpy and found it to be very usefull! But like u say fond that it can be expensive:( But worthwhile if u can afford it!

That sounds like a good idea. Is there a list of registered clinics? Or are they mainly private?

I spent quite a lot of time researching on the web to find one local to me in hampshire and I found a private one. I'm sorry but I cant remember exactly how I did it now as it was a couple of years back. I think there is a register that people that carry out the hypnotherpy have to belong to which covers them with liability insureance etc. I'll have a dig in some stuff at home and see if I can find anything that may be of use to you!

Joanne - I will ask my Hypnotherapist as she must know :-)

Will get back to you soon.

Hi I havn't been on this sight for some time. I have been busy getting on with my life, after 4 years of panic. Not totally cured, but well on the way. I am having sessions of hypo-anylical therapy,and it seems to be working. It isn't a quick fix but my confidence is coming back, and I am traveling further than I have in a long time. Not been on holiday yet but hoping to this summer, perhaps not abroad but somewhere in this country will be fine for now. It isn't cheap but then if you want your life back I think it is well worth it. I look upon it as an investment in my life, and for my family around me who have been very supportive. I would be intersted to know from those who have had hypnothereapy say for flying or going on holiday again after a long time, if they had just one session or more.
    best wishes to you all out there JENNYxx

J. Farmer

All - there is another posting under the Hypnotherapy topic that tells you how to find a qualified Hypnotherapist - hope it helps.

Nicola

Hi Jenny

Good to see you here again :-) Long time no hear.

I needed Hypnotherapy to get me back on a plane again after not having flown for over 5 years. I had three sessions and I did it so it must have helped. I was still pretty terrified but I don't think I would have even attempted it had I not had the Hypnotherapy first.

I just kept repeating her words whilst I was on the flight and it helped me a lot.

I carried on having many more sessions but haven't done for over 18 months now.

I used to enjoy it and found it very relaxing - expensive but worth it.

Take care

Nicola

Hi

I have suffered from GAD/panic attacks on and off for the last 20 years.

After an 8 year spell free from symptoms, the last two years have been a nightmare.

My GP has been quite good, and although I refused the diazepan, he did get me on a course of CBT which is proving very useful.

However, I feel I want to "speed things up a bit", and also cure my ridiculous fear of the dentist, and would love to try hypnotherapy.

Has anybody used it in conjuction with CBT, do the two therapies work well together, and also how do you find a good one?

I live in the middle of Derbyshire, and don't want to travel too far. The internet lists about six or seven different organisations alone, and I am confused - who are the governing bodies.

I'm sorry if I've gone on for a long time, but I will be paying for this myself, so want to make sure I don't waste it!

Thank you for reading this - any advice gratefully received.

C L Parkin

Hi Lottie

Welcome aboard :-)

I did CBT about 6 years ago and hypnotherapy 2 years ago so I did not do them together. I cannot see a problem with that however.

As for governing bodies, here is a reply from my Hypnotherapist ....

The National College web-site is www.nrhp.co.uk but they only list full members, for some stupid reason so I always tell people to 'phone up on 01282 699378 as they will get a bigger selection of therapists if they talk to the lady there.

The therapists are well qualified, whether on the site or not, if they have the certificate ( (CHP (NC) ) then they have studied psychotherapy, which is essential if you are working with hypnosis, which as you know brings up stuff from the unconscious - you must know what to do with it !! I wouldn't recommend any other college, but my look at all the prospectuses (Naional Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists was most definately the best then) was 18 years ago, so all will have hopefully improved over that time. People must be very careful to find a qualified person, but anyone can set up in hypnotherapy as it is still not regulated, much to all true therapist's despair.

Hope this helps lottie.

Nicola

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information