Thread: Sinus bug

Sinus bug

I had posted last weekend here about having a very painful area of nose that then improved and changed to sinus pain and pressure.
    I am find till mid morning and then the waves of pressure in my left cheek start and then awful ache in gums and round eye and forehead.

My hairdresser today told me she had had this at new year and it had taken weeks to get better!

I saw my GP today and he said he has been seeing alot of people with sinus pain since new year and its a bug that going round inflaming sinuses and my original nose pain would have been a particular sinus at top of nose inflamed and then the bug spreads to rest of sinuses.

He has given me a steroid nasal spray as I can't take strong decongestants and says it could be a week or two before it gets better.

So I felt reasured that I am not alone with this sinus pain/pressure but then I am worrying that I will get some awful infection in the sinuses.

Re: Sinus bug

I've got the sinus thing at the min No fun is it :(

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I had posted last weekend here about having a very painful area of nose that then improved and changed to sinus pain and pressure.
    I am find till mid morning and then the waves of pressure in my left cheek start and then awful ache in gums and round eye and forehead.

My hairdresser today told me she had had this at new year and it had taken weeks to get better!

I saw my GP today and he said he has been seeing alot of people with sinus pain since new year and its a bug that going round inflaming sinuses and my original nose pain would have been a particular sinus at top of nose inflamed and then the bug spreads to rest of sinuses.

He has given me a steroid nasal spray as I can't take strong decongestants and says it could be a week or two before it gets better.

So I felt reasured that I am not alone with this sinus pain/pressure but then I am worrying that I will get some awful infection in the sinuses.
    Oh my god! I was suffering so badly over Christmas. I felt like I was dying. The head and face pressure was awful. I went to the doctors when they opened again after Christmas and my doctor said it can take up to 6 weeks to get rid of. She also gave me a nasal spray, forgot to take it and it went on it's own anyways. But I know it's awful so I really do hope you feel better soon!

I got told up to 8 weeks for it to go .... I can recommend those steam pots, where you put in hot water and menthol crystals. Ooh and pain killers

I notice we are all in the UK so its a British bug! I just hope it does not take 8 weeks to get better. My GP said he has never known a winter like this one for colds/coughs/sinusitis and pleurisy and chest infections. Think in the uk we are all suffering from rising damp

Thread Information