Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They want me to go into hospital???

Thumbs down They want me to go into hospital???

I went to see my Pshychatrist yesterday and because i suffer from health anxiety and ocd he wants to put me in hospital for 2 weeks or more and start taking Fluxatine?. He said that way when i start having reactions to the drug nurses can be at hand to sedate me when i am panacing about my heart racing ect. I am taking 15mg of Mirtazapine since 1 year ago and because i refused to take Citalipram aswell he got the hump with me.He wanted me to sign a form to give him full control over my medication . but i declined.

Then when i said i did not want to go in hospital and am not at all suicidal i have only bad anxiety he laughed at me and said that i did not know what powers he has???
    I am now so afraid that the men in white coats will come to the door . My husband said he does not think i am that bad i need to go to hospital and if i dont want to take the medication i dont have to?

Please what are my rights, does this Pshyco have the right to laugh at me and make me feel frightened?

Elly
    x

Re: They want me to go into hospital???

Hi
    I am very sorry that this is happening to you, it must be very frightening. No one has a right to laugh at anyone especially someone in a position of trust who is treating vulnerable people. I am curious as to why they wanted to add in cipramil and didnt just up the mirtazepine as 15mg is the starting dose? I am only curious really as i am just weaning of the mirtazapine myself at the moment after being on it for 13 months...for me it was a life saver.
    I hope that you get the help and support that you need

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Hi nell
    I have not got a clue why they want me to take citalpiram on top of the mirtazapine. I think it could be my weight because i try not to eat so much and i am so self consiuos about my weight gain with mirtazapine. Although it has helped but not completely cured me .
    elly

I can sympathise with the weight gain as i put on 2 stone with the drug,however for me it was worth it to feel well again, and im hoping that now im almost of it i will soon with a bit of effort get some of the weight back off,i actually felt better on the 30mg dose as for some reason the side effects onit were not so bad,it certainly isnt as much of a sedative as the 15mg dose was, for me anyway.
    goodluck

Thanks Nell
    but do you know about my rights as a patient? can they make me take this medication or have to go into hospital?
    elly
    x

I have to say that if I had a doctor like that then I would seriously think about trading them in for a newer kinder model!!

It's supposed to be a working together as a team to get you better principle - not a them and us!!

For what it's worth I would take someone who's advice you trust implicitly in with you for your next appointment - then there can be no confusions about anything.

All the best

Piglet

thanks pigelt
    i hope they dont put me away , i really feel better than i did although still full of anxiety. i think i will put in a complaint
    elly

Hi, I don't think any doctor has a right to mock you. Ask to be referred to someone different to get a different view. If someone who is nice to you makes the same suggestion maybe you need to be in for a couple of weeks to get the support you need. If you don't, as far as sI know family members, GPs etc need to be involved in enforced hospitalisation. Let us know how you get on.

Hi
    In order for you to be admitted to hospital against your will you would have to be so ill that it was the only way to stop you harming yourself or others. This is not why they want to admit YOU, they want to monitor you on the new medication but as you are not going to be taking it then there is no need for admission, and they cant make you take it. It might be worth while discussing other alternatives to the prozac they have mentioned, have you been offered cbt ?

I think it is a bit OTT to want you admitted due to starting new med's. Who's to say whether or not you will get any side effects? When I was on anti d's years ago, I had no side effects either starting them or coming off them.

In any case, should you have side effects that are really off the scale, then is the time when extra help maybe required.

Kate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information