Thread: Hey, looking for some new friends~

Hey, looking for some new friends~

I won't lie. I do feel incredibly awkward, even just writing this. But I trust that those of you will get this, or at least understand.
    I have quite bad social anxiety, and because of that, have found it so, so stupidly difficult to make new friends. I always feel like there is something so very wrong with me when I struggle so much doing something that everyone else seems to do so naturally.
    I won't go on about the "why's" but in recent years I've lost a few friends, mainly due to my moving about. But now I find myself feeling quite lonely.
    I am weirdly shy when I meet new people, but everyone who does get to know me finds it such a switch when I become myself around them more.
    The friends I do have are awesome, but I feel like they see my Anxiety as something they must avoid, and maybe it makes them feel nervous or awkward.

I'm 24 year old woman and I live in Shropshire. I'm a total geek, for lack of a better word, I love Gaming, comics, High fantasy and Sci-fi. I'm also heavily into spiritualism, I love Tarot readings, Ghost hunts and reading books about that sort of thing, I'm actually a trained Holistic therapist :3

I felt like I should at least explain myself a little bit seeing as I'm trying to make some new friends.
    It would be cool to have online friends, and even better to make some gaming buddies and perhaps some I can meet up with.

Feel like I'm TOTALLY rambling now!
    So, sorry about that!

Bee :3

Re: Hey, looking for some new friends~

Hi, I am in a similar boat. I find it hard to make friends and working on overcoming anxiety. Feel free to message me.

I would totally be your friend...you sound cool

hay do u have whatsapp if so do u want to talk on there

Feel free to msg, big gamer myself and a self confessed nerd

31 F, UK
    Last edited by jumpingmuffin; 17-02-16 at 20:38.

Not into gaming but I don't share the same interests as lots of my friends. Feel free to message me if you want. I'm also 24 and live in West Yorkshire x

Thanks guys :3 <3

Thread Information