Thread: Hello, I'm a drama student looking for some help.

Red face Hello, I'm a drama student looking for some help.

Hi,
    My name is Jensen. I am a drama student from the UK and I am currently working on a piece where my character has OCD. I have been told by professionals that I have OCD like tendencies but nothing like my character. I was just wondering if anyone could help me understand what it is like living with OCD.
    If you think you can and want to help me understand OCD then it would be much appreciated.

-Jensen.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya teddybearlupin and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello, I'm a drama student looking for some help.

Have you thought of contacting one of the charities? I'm sure they will give you the information you need. You have to also bare in mind that to understand it, you need deep knowledge and this means accessing a large pool of knowledge which will likely mean many sufferers talking to you or you accessing something more professional.

Working through issues is a different story, and what we are on here for.

EDIT: For clarification, what I mean is a lot of people joining forums are trying to understand their OCD, many don't at that point, so this could impact the validity of what you use in your work.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 13-02-16 at 07:55.

Thread Information