Hi guys,

I signed up here to seek out fellow long term seroxat users - it didn't take me long to find some posts!

I've been taking 20mg for about 8 years with periods in between of me attempting to come off and failing. My latest attempt was the latter half of 2015 with me going down to 10mg, then 10 every couple of days, then the same with 5mg.

As many of you have probably experienced, within a few months I was having severe anxiety, especially at work which could last the full 8 hours :/

Now I'm doubling up on the 10s and going back to the doctor later this month to ask to go back to the regular 20mg dosage.

I think many GP's don't realise how difficult it is to taper off of this drug.

I genuinely believe that if I continued as I was I would not be able to carry on working - which isn't good when you've just got a mortgage!

I'm considering saving up enough to pay the bills for a year and going freelance / working from home while trying to wean off and stabilise. It seems impossible to do with career stresses etc!

While I don't wish anxiety / depression on anyone it's a relief to realise many others are going though the same battle