Thread: An introduction from an anxiety sufferer

An introduction from an anxiety sufferer

Hi all.
    I'm Suzie, I'm a 28 year old nurse and I'm new here. I've always been a worrier but started to have horrific panic attacks while I was at uni where I would depersonalise. This was treated with Sertraline twice over a 5 year period with good effect.
    Recently, the panic attacks have returned and my anxiety was getting increasingly bad so I restarted on Sertraline. Oddly it didn't agree with me this time and I suffered for 9 days with intrusive thoughts, insomnia, vomitting before my GP changed me to Citalopram.
    I'm now day 11 on Citalopram. I have a good support network around me but don't feel like I'm getting any better. So, I'm here just looking for comfort and support really

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Suziewuzie and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: An introduction from an anxiety sufferer

Hi and welcome, Suzie

There are other medical professionals on her (and some ex ones too) e.g. nurses, doctors, med students, counsellors, etc. I often think you guys need a thread to talk about your work issues so you get some dedicated support from each other.

I hope you understand intrusive thoughts. They can be very scary but pop over to the OCD board if you need help with them as there people on here working through or who have beaten them.

Re: An introduction from an anxiety sufferer

Hello Suzie. Welcome to the site. I have generalized anxiety and ocd thoughts and have tried citralopam. You will hopefully get the support from people on here. I am happy to help i think just posting in a site like this can help in itself as it feels like you are doing something constructive to try improve things.

Thread Information