Thread: food poisoning or stomach bug?

food poisoning or stomach bug?

I posted before about the yeast intolerance, well my husband is still sick. He got sick two nights ago at dinner, was sick all day yesterday and still sick today. He's really not doing well. He can't keep anything in( on either end) I'm hoping it's not a bug cause I definitely don't want it. Of course since he's been sick I've been feeling a bit queasy since I hear him being sick. Anyway if this is food poisoning should he go to the dr? He's pretty stubborn and probably wouldn't go anyway but what do I do for him?

Re: food poisoning or stomach bug?

I would reccomend going to a doctor, certainly sounds like a stomach bug, if he wont go. Then get him to drink lots (perhaps boiled (not hot) water. Some ginger too perhaps, as long as he keeps his fluid intake up, it will help a lot,

Now I'm starting to feel sick. I don't know if it's in my head or not but man I hope I don't have what he did

Drink lots of water. And it just maybe your fears are causing your nausea

I think my issue is more "girly" related. I have a headache now and less sick feeling. I think I'm just anxious that I'm gonna get it.

I think a lot of us would agree we would feel a bit queasy in that situation.

Perhaps he has a mild case of food poisoning? If it came shortly after he ate that pizza then this sounds likely. If it isn't getting any better, a trip to the GP might be worthwhile for some meds but I don't mean it's any bad, just that perhaps it needs some basic treatment.

Fluid loss can be a problem with constant runs because of the loss of body salts you can't replace but it would need to be a much longer period than this. My mum had that problem after about 10 days of this and needed support via a drip but the majority of cases are very short affairs, I've had many a bug in my life as I bet you have growing up. You can get rehydration salts to help with this part anyway from supermarkets, chemists, etc.

Thankfully he's back to his health. No idea what it was but even more thankful my daughter or I didn't catch it. I did my best to keep him in quarantine while he was sick.

Thread Information