Thread: Embarrassed

Embarrassed

Hi, I am a 38 year old mother, 4 years ago I had a horrendous panic attack that lead to my being off work for 12 weeks which was just awful, frightening and actually embarrssing as i had never had time off to that extent before. I have been on paroxetine ever since and had counselling, hypnotherapy and a worry course. I had been more or less totally fine for the past 3 years but today suffered a bad panic attack which started when I woke up with chest pain upon breathing deeply. I had vowed that I would not go back there again but the shear fear and panic today has set me off again. I cannot stop focusing on the chest pain and am now lying in bed and the pain is now a sharp stabbing on the left hand side which of course sets me off. I had to fight with myself all day not to call my GP. This just feels so ridiculous. I am normally a very rational person but this anxiety just takes over. My GP sent me for lots of tests when it all first started so in reality I know I am probably ok but how will I ever know when something is seriously wrong? Like I said, I find this all very embarassing and extremely distressing.
    Thanks.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Alio and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information