Thread: So scared inflammatory breast cancer?

So scared inflammatory breast cancer?

I'm 21 years old and this red bump I posted a picture of literally popped up overnight I noticed it about 3 days ago and I had stupidly squeezed it and got some blood and clear fluid out and now it looks like this.. Could it be just a bite
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: So scared inflammatory breast cancer?

Please someone!

Oh honey... I'm also 21 and have had that fear come up a couple times.

It looks very irritated and painful I guess from popping it?
    I kinda wish I would have seen what it looked like before you popped it because this just looks so angry.
    It could have been a pimple and it could have been a bite honestly.

I would say, give it another day or so to see if it clears up & it it does then it was probably just a pimple or bite.
    If it doesn't seem to get better or clear up in a few days then the best thing is to go to the docs.

Next time don't pop it!

Try to stay calm the next couple of days okay?

I have had many bug bites on my breasts because I live in an area in Uk that between end of July and October has something called harvest mite that burrows under the skin causing multiple bits to come up as a reaction plus mosquitos from the salt marsh which give really big bites.

You really have to watch and wait here. Keep it clean and use antibacterial cream on it to stop any infection or diluted tea tree oil. If its a bite it will slowly improve and should be gone in two weeks.

If it was inflammatory breast disease then it would not improve in any way and woud continue to get much worse.

I have known two people with inflammatory breast disease , one got a rash all over her breasts that did not improve with treatment and the other one had what seemed to be a very bad abcess in her breast again that did not respond to any treatment, you have neither of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie.welch View Post
    I'm 21 years old and this red bump I posted a picture of literally popped up overnight I noticed it about 3 days ago and I had stupidly squeezed it and got some blood and clear fluid out and now it looks like this.. Could it be just a bite
    I have the same thing looks identical , i went to the doctors he said nothing sinister but then it got bigger and was swollen , then the next day it shrank again its been there for 9 days , it now has flaky skin on top of the spot like it was supposed to be a boil that didn't pop (sorry to sound gross) , anyway i went to the hospital last Saturday because i hurt my back and kept getting back spasms, and while i was there the doctor noticed how anxious i am and even asked me about my anxiety and i told him i was really scared at this spot and he looked and said it doesn't look like anything sinsiter.

I'm still really scared about ti because its still there now for over two weeks :(

Thanks for the replies and feel the love: sounds just like mine I really hope we're okay my mom died of bc so I'm freaking out even worse than normally I just can't cope with anything anymore I'm only 21 I can't handle something like that I'm trying to stay rational and calm but it's so hard I'm terrified I'm going to wake up and it has spread to the whole breast or something ;(

Here was the original one so the redness went down right? Besides the band aid mark?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information