Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello. I'm new to the site and thought I would explain my situation. I'm a 32 year old female who suffers from panic attacks/depression/health anxiety. I've dealt with anxiety in the past but it had seemed to go away for years until this past summer when I was diagnosed with LPR (an acid reflux disease) that made it so I could not swallow food for about 2 months. That seemed to set off my anxiety. I also suffer from TMJ which also became worse after my acid reflux issue and also contributes to my anxiety. I would say in the last 7 months i've been to ER about 4 or 5 times (one time I called 911 for myself) and have been to my primary care doctor probably a dozen times. When it got to the point that I was afraid to go to sleep because I thought I wouldn't wake up I knew I had to ask about medicine. I just recently tried Celexa but it made my TMJ and panic attacks worse. I'll be looking into other options when I have my appointment with a psychiatrist next week. I guess it's just hard for me to understand why this is happening to me. Just today at work I felt a horrible pain on the right side of my head and (even though I know I shouldn't) I looked it up online and have now convinced myself I had a mini stroke. Don't know if I should go to the ER again or not. Just wish I didn't have deal with this anymore.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya naynay91683 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information